Xbox does not forward to dashboard after initial green xbox startup screen

Discus and support Xbox does not forward to dashboard after initial green xbox startup screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have talked to 3 reps over chat and 1 over the phone spending many of my limited free hours trying to resolve this issue. From what I have been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by T12bombers, Jul 8, 2015.

1. T12bombers
    T12bombers Guest

So I have talked to 3 reps over chat and 1 over the phone spending many of my limited free hours trying to resolve this issue. From what I have been told the Xbox did not take the last update whatever that means so I was forced to do it manually. After the
    first rep told me to download the wrong version (OSDUT1) which already took me an hour, I had to then download the other one (OSDUT2) which obviously took another hour. Once I finally got the right one onto the flash drive I plugged it into the Xbox and it
    didn't work. This is when I made the phone call instead of continuing to try and fix this over chat. I eventually got the response that the update doesn't work on Mac's so you'll have to send it in for a repair. First of all, nowhere on the entire Microsoft
    website does it say manual updates do not work for Mac's, get with it Microsoft. OK, so now obviously I'm a little angry because the more I hear from reps the more confused I'm getting. So finally I ask the cost for the repair. I was told $115, but don't worry
    it's $20 cheaper if I do it through the website. So $100 no big deal. YES big deal. I asked how is this my fault that the Xbox didn't take the update, it's not like I did anything to cause this to happen, the Xbox hasn't moved an inch from the last time it
    has worked. The response I got was, its no ones fault sometimes it succeeds and sometimes it fails. Obviously who ever created the dam xbox/update, its there fault, sure as hell isn't mine. So in conclusion, I must now pay about $100 or more to fix an issue
    that shouldn't have happened in the first place (never heard of something like this in my life), probably could've been easily fixed if someone explained this to me correctly, and for christ sake was compatible with a dam Mac; Apple basically owns the technology
    world at this point, the fact that anything is invented to not be compatible with a Mac is beyond my understanding.

:)

T12bombers, Jul 8, 2015
  2. FYF Dumpy
    FYF Dumpy Guest
    Requesting Access to Preview Program Forums

I am a member of the Preview Program and since the new dashboard update all I get is a black screen after the initial green startup screen. I cannot view the Preview Program forums. It keeps saying group not found.

FYF Dumpy, Jul 8, 2015
  3. warriorajax2
    warriorajax2 Guest
    Black screen after initial green startup screen

Well i guess my xbox is bricked as well because of this stupid update, luckily i had a ps4

warriorajax2, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

Apple dominates the mobile market, it is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in terms of home computing.

Do you not have a work machine/friend you can ask to download the manual update on their PC for you before looking to send it back?

Bazajaytee, Jul 8, 2015
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Apple dominates the mobile market, it is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in terms of home computing.

Do you not have a work machine/friend you can ask to download the manual update on their PC for you before looking to send it back?
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the update issues! If you haven't already, go ahead and give the steps DENAz666 has suggested a try. If the issue continues, please create a new thread. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps
    that you have tried. If you are participating in the Preview Program, please make a post in the Xbox One Preview Forums so that the proper folks can address the issue. Thanks in advance!
  7. Anonymous2012-448BAC Win User

Same thing happened to me last night. I have no idea what this "Preview Program is".
  8. DENAz666 Win User

Hey mate,

Are you a part of the preview program by chance?

Cheers

Denaz
  9. Rodney6672 Win User

Yea I started my own thread and its not "our" issues, its microsofts. They sold me a faulty device and expect me to give them more money to fix it while taking weeks to do so. The warranty lasts a year and the device is obviously destined to fail at 2, we've
    done every step to fix it and it doesn't work without sending it to you and giving more money. If were smart enough to get on these forums then were smart enough to hard reset and research all the steps necessary to fix it. You know all too well that the true
    fix is to send it to you and pay an outrageous amount of money that's almost the same as buying a new one. You start your own thread apologizing and ill vent here, thanks.
Thema:

1. Xbox does not forward to dashboard after initial green xbox startup screen - Similar Threads - does forward dashboard

2. Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.

in XboX Insiders
    Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.: Ive seen countless consumer feedback negatively reviewing microsoft and xbox as a brand nowadays. The UI is uninspired, continuously redundant, and filled with ads to the point that it’s ugly and...
  3. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  4. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  5. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  6. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  7. What does the exp do when I finish quest

in XboX Insiders
    What does the exp do when I finish quest: Just wondering if it does anything submitted by /u/Enderrbean [link] [comments]
  8. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  9. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  10. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...