Xbox disk defective . Seperating at the edges

Discus and support Xbox disk defective . Seperating at the edges in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My sons Minecraft disk is defective. Seperating at the edges of the disk and causing failure on loading How do i get a replacement or get it to load... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kreason Naidoo, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Xbox disk defective . Seperating at the edges

My sons Minecraft disk is defective. Seperating at the edges of the disk and causing failure on loading How do i get a replacement or get it to load from online as i have already paid for a disk . Owned it from new.

:)

Kreason Naidoo, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Kreason Naidoo Win User

Here is the purchase details

[mod removed - personal information]
  3. Belle B Win User

Hi Kreason my name is Belle. I'd love to help!

You would need to try a different disc to see if it will do the same, if it does, I'm afraid you might need to have your console repaired.

If the disc was the issue and you just bought it, you would need to reach out to the store where you bought it from if they can have it replaced.

You may check the Minecraft article here: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/browse

You may also reach out to Mojang here: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/ne...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Belle B Win User

To answer your question, sadly no it cannot be replaced as you have used it for over 2 years now as you have mentioned. The warranty for the disc itself to be considered defective is when you have purchased it, and it was already in that state. But since over the years of using it, definitely it would have served its purpose already. As per contacting the senior management, we do not have them at our end here as we're in the forums and they would probably suggest the same thing as well. I do understand your sentiments here.
  5. Kreason Naidoo Win User

Hi . We have about 20 games and its only the minecraft one thats a problem . Clearly a defective disk . Did you have a look at the pics i attached . The disk is seperating.

Are you able to replace the disk or see if you can move it to a online version on my gmail or microsoft account so we dont need the disk to play the game ?

[​IMG]
  6. Belle B Win User

I understand where you are coming from with regard to this. It seems that the disk may be worn out already due to usage. Unfortunately, when this happens unless this was purchased recently, Microsoft won't be able to replace it with a digital copy in my own experience.
Thema:

1. Xbox disk defective . Seperating at the edges - Similar Threads - disk defective Seperating

2. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  3. constant disk write error

in XBoX on Consoles
    constant disk write error: Ive been having a constant disk write error with steam, and steam only. Both steam, and the support for the specific game said it almost has to be a windows issue. my games will crash, then will...
  4. External hard disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disk: Hello everyone I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while. I've recently bought a new external hard...
  5. Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...

in XboX Insiders
    Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...: I have my Xbox One S enrolled in the insiders program, and my HDD died. Therefore, I cannot recover the system from the console in any way, not even extracting the contents of the System Update...
  6. xbox series x does not read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x does not read disk: unable to play games from disk . I have done everything but a factory reset.does the blu ray reader go bad? 182a1bca-85b2-4b5c-b31c-60efe3590c86
  7. I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?: I have deleted the game but it is still there. 65c11845-0c5c-452c-b6fc-5741d55a7d51
  8. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  9. Forgot to take out disk in repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot to take out disk in repair: I forgot to take out my disk for my xbox X in repair and to wipe it I'm scared that they will take away the disk with all my saves on it 44fee4da-a0e4-48f6-bb99-5049fe35f13c
  10. Manufacturers defect on forza 4 horizon disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Manufacturers defect on forza 4 horizon disk: the back of my Forza 4 horizon disk is pealing away. Now my xbox one can't read the disk. since this appears to be a manufacturing defect you would think that there was away to contact Microsoft...