Xbox disconnecting from network, bad connection, but no reason

Discus and support Xbox disconnecting from network, bad connection, but no reason in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox disconnecting from network, bad connection, but no reason My husband and I each have an xbox One, but his is an Elite. We are on the same wifi and... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by LA H, Dec 22, 2020.

1. LA H
    LA H Guest

My husband and I each have an xbox One, but his is an Elite. We are on the same wifi and the boxes are about 6 inches apart, so in the same location. My xbox occasionally drops me from a game due to connection being lost (destiny 2 bee, anteater, etc. errors)
    yet his does not have problems. Looking at my speeds when downloading games, mine will suddenly drop from 30mbps to below 2mbps, while his remains at a constant 60mbps.

Does anyone have any advice? We live where we cannot control the modem/router, so i can't troubleshoot from that end. This actually started becoming a problem when we were on DSL, but then the service switched to cable with new modem and still same problem.
    I have moved my xbox to a different room, but that didn't helped. However, considering he is not having issues, I am wondering how i can tell if my Xbox is the problem or is there something else i can do? Or, does the Elite just steal bandwidth?

Thank you for your advice.

:)

2. NickCio Win User

Random disconnects and buffering on Xbox One and Xbox One X

Brad, thanks for the response. Unfortunately this does not help as I have already verified that it is not a network issue. To clarify:

1) The network has been monitored at the modem for several hours. During this time there was no drop in packet count, but the Xbox had lagging and disconnect issues.

2) In addition to the lag issues the Xbox will disconnect from the wireless network for no apparent reason. Both the One and OneX do this. The network can be immediately connected again manually (have to go through the settings and re-type in the password).
    A bad ISP connection can not disconnect a device from the router.

3) ONLY my Xboxes encounter these issues. An ISP issue would affect all devices.

It is not the ISP.

It is not the router.

I find it very difficult to believe that Microsoft does not have a diagnostic monitoring tool that could be used to easily identify if the issue is from the Xboxs themselves.

Thank you,
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Upload speed too high

Hi Journeyman112! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

A higher upload speed it's not bad, it's something good, constant disconnections could be for a different reasons like network stability, you could try a different network and if you are using WiFi try trough a wired connection
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox One Parties won't work RESOLVED

First, turn off and unplug the console and router/modem for 30 seconds, as that clears cache it may fix this.

If not, can you go to Settings > Network > Test network connection and Test multiplayer connection and see if you have any errors there?

Also try detailed network diagnostics and see if you have packet loss or a bad connection if you're on wifi.

A page that might be relevant would be this one about random disconnections:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/random-disconnect-solution
  5. CMUchippewa Win User

Installing from disk

The only reason you should have the network connected is because the Xbox will install updates for the game BEFORE installing the game itself on the hard drive. So if you have to disconnect your network to install a game you might have slow Internet download
    speeds. If that didn't help I'm not exactly sure what's going on with your Xbox from what you posted... Why are you disconnecting your network?
  6. Internet Expert Win User

unable to play games

Thema:

1. Xbox disconnecting from network, bad connection, but no reason - Similar Threads - disconnecting network bad

2. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  3. Frequent network disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent network disconnect: Lots of network disconnects with my series x. Is this a known issue? cd6faa62-c931-46d5-b218-4a55cf3a3ded
  4. Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network): Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any post regarding my issue on a wired network. Some clarifications: - I am running a Windows 11 machine. - I have...
  5. Teredo connection IPv4 or IPv6 disconnected + No Xbox Networking tab on the "gaming"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo connection IPv4 or IPv6 disconnected + No Xbox Networking tab on the "gaming"...: Windows 10 Home edition so I don't have access on the registry (I also understand nothing about that so it wouldn't do any good to me anyway), which for some people seem to have fixed similar...
  6. Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network: I can eventually get it to sometimes connect after typing in the correct password and attempting to connect numerous times. The signal strength of my wireless network shows up as 4 bars when...
  7. Xbox series X disconnecting from network

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series X disconnecting from network: My Xbox series x is continuously randomly disconnecting from the network. I’ve tried wireless, and Ethernet cables, still having the same issue. I’ve tried restarting my router, doing a hard reset...
  8. Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X randomly disconnects from network, nothing fixes it until I rename my device...: I purchased my Xbox Series X in December, it's still under warranty. It will randomly disconnect from the network and will not connect after updating, restarting, etc. The only way to get the...
  9. Network disconnected issue after the Xbox enters sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network disconnected issue after the Xbox enters sleep mode: My XSX setting for remoteplay. In my opinion, if I switch to sleep mode after the last update, the network is disconnected, so the Remote Play, which was not a problem, is having a problem....
  10. Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...: I just got the Xbox series x a few days ago and 3 different times it has disconnected from wifi and when I reconnect it and put in the password, it says to check my network name and password over...