Xbox Disc Games

Discus and support Xbox Disc Games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any other way I can play Xbox disc games on my PC? I don't want to spend money to buy a digital copy of a game I already own a physical copy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ItsuoNakamura, May 20, 2022.

  1. Xbox Disc Games


    Is there any other way I can play Xbox disc games on my PC? I don't want to spend money to buy a digital copy of a game I already own a physical copy of.

    :)
     
    ItsuoNakamura, May 20, 2022
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    Forza Horizon 5 cant download on pc from xbox

    If I may ask, is this an Xbox version disc game? If not, I apologize but it will not be possible because you can only insert a disc game on Xbox if it's a disc game that is made specifically for Xbox.
  3. RandyAU93 Win User

    Downloading a backward compatible game

    Are you playing the games with the Xbox 360 game disc in the drive? It is no different than Xbox One disc-based games, in that you must have the game disc in the drive to play it.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

    Issues with The Orange Box after latest patch

    Finally got the game working, broke down and cleaned the disc even though it wasn't dirty.....
    That's weird, as the Xbox One does not use ANY content on the disc (as the machine "language" on the disc can't be understood by the Xbox One processor).

    Xbox 360 game discs are only a "proof of purchase", and the Xbox One simply has to read the security sector of the disc to detect which game disc is inserted.

    Then the console downloads the "translated" game data from the Xbox Live Marketplace in a format, with a Xbox 360 emulator. So no actual game data is read from the disc. So as long as the security sector of the disc is readable, the rest of the disc can
    be scratched, dirty, or otherwise damaged, and the game will still run off the console's hard drive.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox One telling me MW3 is no longer backwards compatible?

    Hi,

    It's not been removed from backwards compatibility. I would say the reason why your console is displaying this error is because it can't read this particular disc. Do you have any other Xbox 360 game discs to test on your Xbox One? If you do, are they
    working?

    When you insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game disc into your Xbox One, the console will read the disc to see what's there. If your console can't read the disc it will display this message. For disc based games you must be connected to Xbox Live
    as the game will need to be downloaded for you to play it.

    Things to try

    Verify your console can still read Xbox 360 discs.

    If you don't have any other BC 360 games on disc, try a DVD movie. Make sure the disc you try is a DVD movie disc not a Blu-ray disc. If other Xbox 360 games disc work or a DVD movie, it's likely the fault lies with the disc and not the console.

    Check the discs for scratches or dirty smudges. Try cleaning the disc with some water and soft towel
  6. Farscape247 Win User

    Playing mp3 on Xbox Series X

    no, as the xbox will only read game discs, move discs and cd audio discs.
Thema:

Xbox Disc Games

Loading...
  1. Xbox Disc Games - Similar Threads - Disc Games

  2. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  6. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  7. Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List

    in XboX Insiders
    Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List: Does anyone know if there is an official disc-to-digital list with all compatible games? Can't seem to find one. XBOX should have a webpage that displays all compatible games, as well as...
  8. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  9. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  10. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...