Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside

Discus and support Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My xbox series x disc drive has been trying to take a disc without one in its happens all day and night submitted by /u/BusinessClothes5658 [link]... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BusinessClothes5658, May 22, 2024.

1. Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside

My xbox series x disc drive has been trying to take a disc without one in its happens all day and night

submitted by /u/BusinessClothes5658
    [link] [comments]

/u/BusinessClothes5658, May 22, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Disk Lost?

Hi,

Your disc won't be still inside your console. The Xbox One Blu-ray drive (just like all optical drives) is an enclosed unit and can only take one disc at a time there is literally nowhere for a disc to go, other than be picked up by the drive and spun. If
    there is already a disc there or otherwise stuck in the drive, the other disc wouldn't go in.
  3. CamicaziBoss Win User

Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?

I've never had a disc drive problem myself, but I know of one person who had problems with the motor (that pulls the disk in) wearing out and weakening with age.

It's a simple truth that slot drives are more finicky than tray drives, and tend to be more susceptible to wear and impact. Inserting disks at an angle, external impact with or without a disc present, and shifting the console with a disc inside can all mess
    up a drive pretty easily. I tend to take disks that I'm not using out in order to protect both the disk and the drive. If a disc is having trouble entering/exiting the drive, forcing it will also damage the drive.

I buy all my consoles under warranty so I can replace them using that if/when they have issues. I replaced my original Xbox One, but not for disc drive problems.
  4. I am Remisis Win User

My xbox one will only read certain discs...

It wil read dvds and some of my xbox one games. Blu rays wont play at all. Sometimes it takes few tries of putting the disc in and taking it out but eventually it works or atleast it used to. I inserted titanfall 2 and it started right up. Ill try an xbox
    360 game in the morning. I can hear the disc drive trying to read to the disc but eventually it stops. Ill report my issue to the insider club as well. Hurry up with the scorpio already and i wont have this issue ;)
  5. Kryptoxide Win User

Disc Drive Does Not Accept Discs

the disc drive in the replacement xbox one console i received from microsoft makes a whirring noise when inserting a disc... only while it is accepting the disc. sounds like it might be the motor that pulls the disc inside the drive. anyone having any issues
    with this?
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

I've got a black ops 2 disc and it doesn't let me play it on Xbox one

Hey Nandito!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Black Ops II disc. Definitely take a look at the
    disc error guide and make sure you've tried every step. You'll note that the last step is using a different disc so be sure you try absolutely every thing.

If nothing works and no discs work, it sounds like the issue may lie with your disc drive. But try a different disc then come back to us and let us know how it goes. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
Thema:

Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside

1. Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside - Similar Threads - disc drive trying

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  4. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  5. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  6. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  7. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  8. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  9. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?: I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?...
  10. Series X disc drive noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive noise on start up: Seems to be a quick jerk or vibrating noise that last a split second. Runs fine otherwise. I talked to MS support and they said it’s the disc drive looking for a disc. I don’t have any discs tho....