Xbox disc drive not working (series x)

Discus and support Xbox disc drive not working (series x) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My Xbox drive won’t work I can insert and eject game but it doesn’t read them. I’ve done a whole lot of methods like changing the lower cycle, powering... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/efanop, Jun 5, 2023.

1. /u/efanop
    /u/efanop Guest

My Xbox drive won’t work I can insert and eject game but it doesn’t read them. I’ve done a whole lot of methods like changing the lower cycle, powering off the Xbox, unplugging it, hard restart, etc. and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a solution?

submitted by /u/efanop
    [link] [comments]

/u/efanop, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

If i switch from xbox one to the series S, can i transfer my disc games over so they are downloaded?

what about series X?
    Yes, the Series X has a Blu-Ray drive. Your Xbox One disc games will work on this system.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Next Gen game

The Series S doesn't have a disc drive. If you've tried using an external drive, it won't work. You would need the Series X In order for it to work.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

MW2 crossgen bubdle

series x has disc drive and the series s does not

smart delivery is so it downloads the content for the specific console

hence why the game case has series x and xbox one advertised on it. the disc can be used in series x and xbox one consoles, the series s does not have a drive therefore requires digital purchase.
  6. Smwutches Win User

If I buy the physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy on the Xbox one, will it work on the new Xbox Series 1 console?

Yes it will as long as you mean a Series X, not a Series S. The Series S doesn't have a disc drive so it won't work there.
Thema:

1. Xbox disc drive not working (series x) - Similar Threads - disc drive working

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  6. Disc drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive not working: Hi, I have a Xbox series X and I'm having issues. The disc drive is not pulling the discs in or ejecting them. Any ideas on how to fix it? 4f968106-c8fa-4693-a34b-538bf5011075
  7. XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES: Am i seriously going to need to start a class action lawsuit over the new series x only reading certian games? Its been almost 9 months ive waited for an update to fix. Certain games play, others...
  8. Xbox One S Disc Drive Won't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Won't Work: Purchased Christmas - now the disc drive won't do anything. Is there a home fix for this? Already unplugged, did a hard reset. Anything else? 9b22b7fd-a73d-4615-8d96-ab40507d47c5
  9. Launch Xbox One disc drive doesn't always work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox One disc drive doesn't always work: My Xbox One fails to read my Blu-ray and Xbox One games on a regular basis. It started off ok but then it would take it about 3 or 4 tries for it to read the disc. Now it takes over a dozen! What...
  10. Disc Drive doesnt work, Bad support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive doesnt work, Bad support: I have asked for a new xbox one 4 times now!!! Then finally when they actually seem that they are sending me a replacement, I get a Kinect sensor instead!!! WTF is going on with this company!!!!...