Xbox disc drive not aligned - hitting plastic?

Discus and support Xbox disc drive not aligned - hitting plastic? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Afternoon, I got a replacement Xbox today but when putting in a disc it keeps hitting the bottom plastic. Have others experienced this or with a light... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NOVA1989, Nov 4, 2022.

1. NOVA1989
    NOVA1989 Guest

Afternoon,

I got a replacement Xbox today but when putting in a disc it keeps hitting the bottom plastic. Have others experienced this or with a light on the drive see the 3/4 plastic bits. Is this normal?

Thanks and appreciate any help!

Xbox disc drive not aligned - hitting plastic? [​IMG]

:)

NOVA1989, Nov 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nova1989

The disc shouldn't hit or touch the console. If that's the case my recommendation would be ask for a new replacement or open a repair order for the console
  3. John Dowding Win User

Hitting the Xbox to fix tray issues.

It does fix it as it's a plastic gear wheel that is poped out of alignment, hitting the base pops it back into mesh. As for whether it's permanent or not I couldn't say, but it is a known DIY fix for the grinding disc tray fault. Apparently if the transit
    of the console is a bit rough it can cause the gear to pop out and cause the nasty noise.
  4. tohellnbak Win User

XB1 'clicking' is this normal ?

there is a gear that helps the disc load in and out.. it is a small piece of plastic... it might get a little mis aligned during a rough shipping.. power down.. unplug.. flip console upside down and try tapping the case where the disc drive is... plug back
    in and power back up.. SOMETIMES... and I mean SOMETIMES it will jar that gear back in place
  5. Ziriux-9EA33CE7-D6C5 Win User

Disc tray doesn't always open & Xbox stays running once switched off.

The tray is not a common problem, sometimes depending on if you banged the xbox around too much the optical drive can align it's self in a weird position where it may have problems opening up the disc tray.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Your disc drive will fail too!

it is the drives that are push in the disc versions, they have always been dodgy of falling out of alignment which causes clicking and knocking, when putting the disc in hold it for 1 second as it grips the disc to see if that works, if it does it is usually
    a really easy fix.
Thema:

1. Xbox disc drive not aligned - hitting plastic? - Similar Threads - disc drive aligned

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  6. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  7. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  8. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?: I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?...
  9. Series X disc drive noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive noise on start up: Seems to be a quick jerk or vibrating noise that last a split second. Runs fine otherwise. I talked to MS support and they said it’s the disc drive looking for a disc. I don’t have any discs tho....
  10. Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?: My Xbox series x will no longer install disks ,or read some disks. I was able to get one game to install, and load, but that’s it. Is there any way for me to fix this? I no longer have a warranty...