Xbox design controller defective on arrival / from factory

Discus and support Xbox design controller defective on arrival / from factory in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am here to tell you my experience today with Microsoft support (chat and phone). I ordered 2 Xbox design lab controllers which arrived on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MurkyJungle9731, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Xbox design controller defective on arrival / from factory

Hi,

I am here to tell you my experience today with Microsoft support (chat and phone).

I ordered 2 Xbox design lab controllers which arrived on Monday 7/03/2022.

One of the controllers had the RB button not working at all, I contacted support and after a full morning of long calls and being transferred from phone line to phone line (store support, Xbox support, sales support) everyone told me that if you have problems with an Xbox design controller Microsoft will replace it but with a random controller which they won't guarantee that it will match the one you ordered.

If like me you ordered custom controllers with engraving (your name or namertag) then you will lose that money because Microsoft will not engrave the replacement controller for you nor will they fix the one you send them.

The process is you send them your personalized controller and you get a random controller, whatever the repair center has in stock.

Ridiculous and this is not how you treat customers who give you more money then people who just buy a normal controller.

Link for registering and activating repair/exchange under warranty: https://account.microsoft.com/devices

I will no longer be making purchases on Microsoft's store and its a shame since I had ordered 3 design lab controllers to offer friends so far.

Thank you for reading my post and think twice before ordering your controller from Xbox design lab because if you ever need support you will lose the product you paid for.

:)

MurkyJungle9731, Mar 11, 2022
  2. Krazy Crayon Win User

List of controller defects/problems.

So is no one from microsoft gonna acknowledge that there are defects in the controller design?
  3. ArmyMedic75 Win User

Kinect

I honestly see a third party company like madcatz developing a xbox one or 360 design ps4 controller. They know there is going to be a huge defection from one to the other
  4. PlushRelic Win User

Xbox Controller not arrived from Design Lab

Hello, thanks for your responce.

Could you try contacting xbox on a diffrent device i.e. Pc as it may be your iphone that is the issue with not allow you to contact them.

Please don't hesiate to reply below. Thanks.
  5. tessa ford Win User

Yes they have the tracking number but that isn’t sufficient apparently. And with regards to what comes up it is as follows
    [​IMG]
  6. PlushRelic Win User

Hi, tessa ford Thanks for your reply

You should of been given a package tracking reference from Xbox when your item was dispatched to courier, FedEx should of required this number.

Also in relation to the live function not working due to blank page, could you provide a screen shot so i can see what it says, This would be required so i could assist you more with this live function not working.

Also hope this helps you resolve you issue.

Once again thank you for contacting us here at Microsoft Community
Thema:

Xbox design controller defective on arrival / from factory

1. Xbox design controller defective on arrival / from factory - Similar Threads - design controller defective

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller: The controller sometimes doesn't register any upwards movements, or just gets stuck between up and down on the left analog stick. After looking up the issue, it appears that many other people have...
  4. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  5. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05
  6. what's the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the xbox controller designed by xboxdesignlab?

in XBoX on Windows
    what's the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the xbox controller designed by xboxdesignlab?: what's the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the xbox controller designed by xboxdesignlab? 06fc2164-30f1-4b06-b99b-ee58d527196a
  7. Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller: I ordered an Xbox design lab controller that showed up broken on arrival. Triggers don't work and the black handgrip looks like its peeling. This this should have never made it through quality...
  8. It's been 4 weeks my custom xbox controller from xbox design lab hasn't shipped yet!

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's been 4 weeks my custom xbox controller from xbox design lab hasn't shipped yet!: It's been 4 weeks my custom xbox controller from xbox design lab hasn't shipped yet!And the shipping time promised is within 3 weeks,I can't find any customer service on this issue either.Can...
  9. Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?: The custom engraving on my custom Elite Series 2 controller that I received is not centered properly. It is centered correctly on the image with the order confirmation email I received. It is...
  10. PSA: Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Designlab is defective by design and materials, with...

in XBoX on Windows
    PSA: Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Designlab is defective by design and materials, with...: PSA: The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 with customization from Design Lab sure are pretty, but are defective by design and materials. Trying to get Warranty support for the last 11 days...