Xbox Dashboard/OS Unresponsive and Won't Connect to Live

Discus and support Xbox Dashboard/OS Unresponsive and Won't Connect to Live in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Earlier this morning I tried to boot up a game and looked away for a moment, when I looked back the screen was black. I thought it was loading so I let... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xFrostyFreeze, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Xbox Dashboard/OS Unresponsive and Won't Connect to Live

Earlier this morning I tried to boot up a game and looked away for a moment, when I looked back the screen was black. I thought it was loading so I let it sit for about 10min before I realized something was wrong. So I shut it down with a hard reset, after it rebooted I was not connected to Xbox Live anymore, the dashboard and guide controls were very unresponsive. Games if loaded would just black screen. It said to connect to Xbox Live at the bottom but when pressed the screen just darkens and does nothing. I can open settings but network settings refuses to open. It wouldn't sign me in either.

I then unplugged my ethernet cable, rebooted again, and now the option to connect is gone at the bottom of the dashboard, however the controls are more responsive. Still won't let me access network settings but I am signed in now.

At this point should I just factory reset? I believe what might be happening is my Xbox tried to update and failed (it usually goes to a black screen before the "Time to Update" screen comes up for me), I never pressed anything to start an update though. My friend suggested to try updating with a USB but since I am in the preview program I'm not sure how that would work. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/xFrostyFreeze
    [link] [comments]

/u/xFrostyFreeze, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Serzh Doom Win User

Dashboard freeze!

no, this guide doesn't help, it's Dashboard OS issue, not console itself! I think it's related to xbox live connection on Microsoft side and bug in Dashboard OS
  3. BANGEXPLOSIVE Win User

One Red light . Help!

If you can't do the resistor, downgrade to the old dashboard and it might work. You won't be able to connect to xbox LIVE
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox dashboard is broken

Does this happen with a controller connected with usb cable?

To test it...

Turn the console off. Connect the controller with usb to console and turn the console on.

If you still get unresponsive controller you may have to refresh the System OS keeping Games and apps.
  5. SeanyLawson Win User

Nothing is working

Same thing happening to me since the September update, Dashboard sometimes unresponsive , xbox live cutting in and out, can't access friends list. Tried factory reset and still nothing. So annoying :(
  6. scorpio818 Win User

xbox dashboard unresponsive

finally got factory reset to work after mashing the A button, hopefully this fixes the issue...
Thema:

Xbox Dashboard/OS Unresponsive and Won't Connect to Live

1. Xbox Dashboard/OS Unresponsive and Won't Connect to Live - Similar Threads - Dashboard Unresponsive Won't

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  7. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  8. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  9. Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S: This is an issue Microsoft needs to fix. Here is a link to a forum that describes the problem in more detail. Very frustrating…...
  10. Controller unresponsive in game but works on dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller unresponsive in game but works on dashboard: My Xbox series x controller functions on the dashboard but when the instant game response starts the game I'm playing (red dead redemption 2) nome of the buttons work. I can't move, pause, or...