XBOX Dashboard customization please!

Discus and support XBOX Dashboard customization please! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The new Xbox dashboard has pushed ALL my personal tiles and groups down below the Microsoft Store, Sponsored Games, Sponsored Videos, NEW games, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brandon Grey, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Brandon Grey
    Brandon Grey Guest

The new Xbox dashboard has pushed ALL my personal tiles and groups down below the Microsoft Store, Sponsored Games, Sponsored Videos, NEW games, and other 'tiles'; and I can no longer change the layout of my dashboard tiles. Why?

It's great that some folks got their wish for a smaller more streamlined dashboard, but what about those of us who preferred having our PERSONAL dashboards set up the way we like centered around how we use our personal devices?

I have a 'Home' Xbox that is used by my family that has/HAD groups specifically for individual users, instead of individual user accounts, for accessibility reasons, and now the dashboard is LOCKED in a configuration that my family and I don't like. I shouldn't have to scroll through a bunch of unrelated fluff just to get to a group, or use the Xbox button and cycle through the menu to find my customized groups.

I'm just hoping that this is a temporary oversight and that Microsoft/Xbox will eventually give users back the option to change the dashboard to their preferences, complete with large OR small icons and group placements.

:)

Brandon Grey, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

You should use the Reddit Xbox Insiders forum.

Btw I agree with you. This is the worst New Experience as far as customising is concerned.

It's now in select consoles with Omega OS Insider previews.

Reddit Xbox Insiders
  3. Sunyavadin-9B139249- Win User

Unfortunately this has been the major criticism voiced by 100% of the xbox insiders subreddit in the official feedback threads for a year now, and it has been consistently ignored.
  4. SkyMech92 Win User

This is THE worse home screen since they tried the full line on the 360….. who every was their think tank/study group have no idea how simple and FULLY custom we want OUR CONSOLES Home Screen. Do not care about “new” trends, streaming, movies, entertainment, etc. just want my games, my library, and my friends.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi Brandon!

I am sorry to hear about what happened. Unfortunately, since it's a feature limitation, we can only do so much about it.

Don't worry, Microsoft/Xbox appreciate all our suggestions and feedback. I recommend that you instead share your feedback to http://feedback.xbox.com/ so Team Xbox and members in the community will be able to properly see it and participate.

Thank you!
  6. Sunyavadin-9B139249- Win User

Indeed, the worst version of the UI since they forced Kinect on everyone, hopefully it'll be shorter-lived than that abomination.
Thema:

1. XBOX Dashboard customization please! - Similar Threads - Dashboard customization please

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  5. Why is there no feature allowing customers to remove game suggestions on the new dashboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there no feature allowing customers to remove game suggestions on the new dashboard...: This new dashboard update is ridiculous! There is way too much on the screen and the game suggestions are all garbage indie games from gamepass. Players should have the option too REMOVE this...
  6. Unable to add custom groups to dashboard.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to add custom groups to dashboard.: Hi. Im hoping im just missing something or mistaken but was the ability to customize the dashboard removed? I seem to be unable to include my groups anywhere in the feed. submitted by...
  7. New Dashboard please! more cleaner we want to see the custom background

in XboX Insiders
    New Dashboard please! more cleaner we want to see the custom background: I have no idea of photoshop and less design just cut/paste and rearrange the dashboard cleaner, does it look better? sorry my english is bad Dashboard submitted by /u/mendezpm [link] [comments]
  8. New Dashboard Update and Custom Background Image Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Dashboard Update and Custom Background Image Question: Hi all, I see that the latest Dashboard update was released. I was just curious. With the new update, is your custom background image still "dimmed" as it was in the prior dashboard? Are there...
  9. Dashboard custom background

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dashboard custom background: So whenever I go on my media server and select a photo, it doesn't give me an option to set it as my background. The only options I get is go home and about. What's wrong?...
  10. [Q,360] - Custom Dashboard theme

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Q,360] - Custom Dashboard theme: So i just went to a friend who has a XBOX 360 SLIM and i noticed that he has a custom dashboard theme that changes the background when going from HOME to Settings and Game library.He told me that...