Xbox customer support is a complete joke.

Discus and support Xbox customer support is a complete joke. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I brought a Xbox One on day one. When I got it home I found it had a faulty disc drive. I took it back to the retailer who had sold out and said it is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jericho Kane, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jericho Kane
    Jericho Kane Guest

I brought a Xbox One on day one. When I got it home I found it had a faulty disc drive. I took it back to the retailer who had sold out and said it is best to send it back to xbox for replacement. I paid the £391 holders fee for the 3-5 day advanced replacement
    promise on the 2nd of December. It is now the 4th of January and I'm still waiting. I have called close to 20 times now and not one member of staff can help me. I have had on staff member not understand the English language, I have spoken to a "supervisor"
    who said he would find out personally what has happened then call me back in an hour. I waited 3 hours, called back and was told the person who's name I was given does not exists. I have had two people give me email addresses who say they will keep in contact
    and have never replied to me and another 3 say they will be in touch in 24 hours which never happened. The 3-5 day replacement is a lie to begin with. What they don't tell you until you have paid is it takes 3-5 days to send a console from them to UPS then
    another 3-5 days to go from UPS to you. I have been given a tracking number after asking 8 times for it and UPS still haven't received the console. This company is a joke and I have been treated disgustingly.

:)

Jericho Kane, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Customer support is a joke.

Huh... good to know, wish that was more clearly stated on the page, would have saved me a lot of time being angry about it. Oh well. Thanks for the clarification.

TheLastWerewolf, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Customer support is a joke.

The free change is only available if you were given a randomly generated tag and not one of your choosing. Since you have a gamertag you chose, you've technically already used your free change.

Smwutches, Jan 3, 2014
  4. SirMalcovich
    SirMalcovich Guest

im having major issues to mate, feel your pain, total joke

SirMalcovich, Jan 4, 2014
  5. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Jericho Kane"]I brought a Xbox One on day one. When I got it home I found it had a faulty disc drive. I took it back to the retailer who had sold out and said it is best to send it back to xbox for replacement.[/quote]They lied to you, if not
    about stock then about how to handle a faulty product when DOA.

It is better to wait for stock than it is to deal with Support during the initial retailer return period. Even if you don't have one for a few weeks.

To resolve your situation you'll want to post in the
    Xbox One support forum
    and possibly tweet @XboxSupport. The forum is monitored by Microsoft staff 9am-5pm PST Monday-Friday.

IceStorm III, Jan 4, 2014
  6. Jericho Kane
    Jericho Kane Guest
    Unfortunately the retailer didn't have any stock and now it's passed its 30 day returns window. I've tweeted tones and have had no reply or acknowledgement at all. I honestly believe I won't get a replacement at all. @Mayhem, let me know if you get yours
    sorted and I'll do the same.

Jericho Kane, Jan 4, 2014
  7. SirMalcovich
    SirMalcovich Guest
    i took mine back to retailer in the end up and exchanged it mine was past 30 days if something is not fit for purpose its the retailer who has to sort it out, not MS m8, pain in the *** but what can ya do!

SirMalcovich, Jan 10, 2014
  8. H377Spawn
    H377Spawn Guest

My power brick broke December 27th. Twice told 10 days and twice nothing happened. On the line with support again, still expecting disappointment. Now I just want to return it, but can't since they have the power brick and a game is still stuck in the system.
    Crap system with even worse support.

H377Spawn, Jan 11, 2014
  9. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest
    Hmm luck of the draw with customer service? A buddy of mine got his advance console within a week the first week of dec I believe. He even had to have his kinect replaced later. No advance on that but did get another one back before or around Xmas.

Merlin4421, Jan 11, 2014
  10. Cold Kn1ght
    Cold Kn1ght Guest
    Dont let the retailer tell you 30 days has passed thats bull. You have one year from receipt of purchase if a item develops a fault to have it replaced or a have refund, its the Law.

Cold Kn1ght, Jan 11, 2014
  11. Merlin4421
    Merlin4421 Guest
    In he US it isn't the law for the retailer only the manufacturer.

Merlin4421, Jan 11, 2014
  12. W1LD SEVEN
    W1LD SEVEN Guest
    Sorry for your issues OP but mine was the complete opposite story.

Around the start of January i started getting the disc drive issues so i called and set up a advanced exchange on January the 4th, received my new console January 7th works great no issues at all. Sent my broken console January 8th and received my email
    stating they had received my broken console this morning January 11th and the hold is now removed the hold on my CC. My extended service plan was moved over to my new console and im now gaming on a fully working console.

W1LD SEVEN, Jan 11, 2014
  13. Cold Kn1ght
    Cold Kn1ght Guest

I should of made it clear the law was for UK as OP was using £ I assume he is from the UK.

14. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    Yes, in the UK you also have the sales of goods act, so even if its passed the 30 days you still have rights.

Also you should have just waited for the goods to come back in store, it would have been much quick and is the retailers responsiility.

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 11, 2014
  15. Cold Kn1ght
    Cold Kn1ght Guest
    ^^ exactly what I was trying to say but DaveyBoy said it clearer. lol

Thema:

1. Xbox customer support is a complete joke. - Similar Threads - customer support complete

2. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  3. How do I get an actual xbox customer support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get an actual xbox customer support?: I ran in some problem with my xbox game pass couple weeks ago and I am having serious issues with the customer support. The virtual agent always showing "I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical...
  4. Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support: I've been having this problem since i bought my xbox one about a year ago, i can connect to my wifi but the connection automatically disconnects for 10 seconds every few minutes, Making the online...
  5. Refusing to Provide Customer Support

in XBoX on Windows
    Refusing to Provide Customer Support: I tried to contact Xbox regarding a technical issue where the controller won't pause DVDs. The system straight up refused to let me talk to anyone. "Phone calls and chats aren't available for...
  6. How can I buy a game as a gift without getting oops contact customer support on my screen ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I buy a game as a gift without getting oops contact customer support on my screen ?: How can I buy a game as a gift without getting oops contact customer support on my screen ? 86c9d572-d774-4605-82a7-53cc2cd12410
  7. Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support: I've been having this problem since i bought my xbox one about a year ago, i can connect to my wifi but the connection automatically disconnects for 10 seconds every few minutes, Making the online...
  8. Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support: I’m honestly at the end of my tether with Microsoft/Xbox! I ordered a customised controller from XDL on the 15th of November, never received a confirmation email but the order was there on my...
  9. Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..: Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox. It’s like I’m trying to communicate with a brick wall when I try too. Not only that but I’ve reported this...
  10. Can I speak to customer support about having a password reset link sent to me directly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I speak to customer support about having a password reset link sent to me directly?: Decided to break back into gaming because my old Xbox was fried due to an improper shutdown in the middle of a system update. Needless to say, I’ve lost everything. Though there is a silver...