xbox corrupted game data "cannot read save data"

Discus and support xbox corrupted game data "cannot read save data" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm playing Elden Ring on Xbox One. I've had my game corrupted twice now and am wondering how I can avoid that happening in the future. This last time... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by melquiades williams, Jul 14, 2022.

1. xbox corrupted game data "cannot read save data"

I'm playing Elden Ring on Xbox One. I've had my game corrupted twice now and am wondering how I can avoid that happening in the future. This last time I was a couple of months into the game and now I can't retrieve it. I quite through the main menu every single time, but everytime I start up again I get the message that the last time I logged out I didn't quit the game.

Frustrating!

Suggestions?

:)

melquiades williams, Jul 14, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, melquiades. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, since game saves are uploaded to the cloud, there's nothing we can do to stop them being uploaded to the cloud but set our Xbox to offline mode (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...). But then, if the local save gets corrupted, there will be no cloud backup save for it.

I'm sorry but there's nothing we players can do about this. I hope you understand.
  3. onyxishere Win User

usb format

Just remember that if you decide to try the option that thingonastring suggests then you should move saves/data to the xbox before doing this.

If you put the jump drive into your pc it will corrupt the data on the stick so it cannot be read on the xbox afterwards.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

My game was deleted

Hi fellow gamer,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand having issue with the save. If the game is definitive or original it will use the same save data. If it isn't reading it, this is most likely due to it being corrupt. If this is the case, then there is
    no way to recover corrupt save data.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Jeremy Grey Win User

Lords of the fallen wont let me load my 700 hours character

Hello On M ! My name is Jeremy and I’m happy to help you with your question.

I’m sorry to hear that.

This sounds like there is corruption either in the game data or in the save file.

Do you have a save data file that is older then your current save data?

You could revert to the other save data to try to minimize loss, however if the save data is corrupted you will unfortunately lose all the save data and your progress.

A way to test it would be to back up your save data somewhere inaccessible by the game and then try to launch the game with a brand new save.

If the game works then you know it is corruption in your save data.

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums and have a good rest of your day.

Regards,
  6. Jeremy Grey Win User

My COD MW3/Warzone keeps crashing its says"Disc read error" i got the digital game. Can somene please HELP!?

Hello Mohamed F ! My name is Jeremy and I’m happy to help you with your question.

I’m sorry to hear that.

This sounds like there is corruption in either the save file or the game data.

Do you have a save data file that is older then your current save data?

You could revert to the other save data to try to minimize loss, however if the save data is corrupted you will unfortunately lose all the save data and your progress.

A way to test it would be to back up your save data somewhere inaccessible by the game and then try to launch the game with a brand new save.

If the game works then you know it is corruption in your save data.

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums and have a good rest of your day.

Regards,
Thema:

1. xbox corrupted game data "cannot read save data" - Similar Threads - corrupted game data

2. Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB: Hi, everyone out there. I had recently done a bunch of screen recordings on my Xbox Series X, at FHD 1080p, 60fps. When these videos, saved onto the USB Drive (formatted correctly) are played...
  3. I have a couple corrupted games and don't know how to fix them.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a couple corrupted games and don't know how to fix them.: I have multiple games in my library that seem to be corrupted. When I try to launch them they say trouble watching this game or app. I tried uninstalling them and they disappeared from my library...
  4. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  5. Corrupted game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Corrupted game: Okay now I'm trying to move it to another storage and now it's telling me the item appears to be corrupt 5bd5cfe3-c4c2-4961-8846-5a6e66201dab
  6. Error code: Corrupt game 0x80070570

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: Corrupt game 0x80070570: Ever since the december 1st xbox console update my pubg will not open. Now every time I go to play the game it says 'Sorry we cannot launch this. The item you are trying to use appears to be...
  7. How do I fix a corrupted game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix a corrupted game?: I tried to launch Fortnite but got an error message saying it was corrupted, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didn’t work, I tried restarting my xbox, resetting my Xbox, and...
  8. Modern Warefare 2 season 6 failed installation and corrupt game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern Warefare 2 season 6 failed installation and corrupt game.: Having issues with my sons Modern Warefare 2 game :( thus is what happened:I tried to update my modrern warfare 2 to season 6 and the game said that it was corrupt. It made me uninstall and...
  9. Getting game is corrupted error when I don’t have the game installed. Tried every option...

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting game is corrupted error when I don’t have the game installed. Tried every option...: Getting game is corrupted error when I don’t have the game installed. Tried every option possible. Not sure what else I could do. If somebody could please help I’d really appreciate it. I’ve tried...
  10. New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data.: Sorry if this question has been resolved elsewhere. I have searched but am yet to find one that is entirely relevant to my situation. I will be as detailed as I possibly can. I have an Xbox One...