Xbox controllers disconnecting from console randomly

Discus and support Xbox controllers disconnecting from console randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I bought an Xbox Series X around 4 months ago. For the last 2 months I am getting my controller disconnected once in a while when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ianvin, Nov 9, 2021.

1. ianvin
    ianvin Guest

Hello everyone,

I bought an Xbox Series X around 4 months ago. For the last 2 months I am getting my controller disconnected once in a while when playing. It's quite a game breaking experience since the disconnection may happen in intense gaming moments and can result in lost progress, since the only fix is hard reboot of the console.

How the issue happens:

I am playing and all of a sudden my controller starts blinking and is disconnected from the console.

Video attached --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVvx2aVXpe0

What have I tried so far:

- Updated both console and controllers firmware to latest version (checking literally every day for new version which may result in a fix)

- Factory reset the console

What have I tried at the moment of the issue:

- Connecting the controller via cable. It vibrates once but still blinking and no connection.

- Tried pairing it with double tapping or holding the pair button (from both ends)

- Tried switching on my second controller to pause the game at least. Does not connect. Blinks in the same way

- Tried every possible combination with the main button on the controller (holding as if I wish to switch off the console, tapping ,etc)

- Tried removing the batteries and putting them back in then switching on the controller again. Same result.

Furthermore one of the controllers has already a drifting L stick but that's a different matter.

Please if anyone from the community has experienced these disconnections, I ask your help, as I am really desperate and thinking just to sell the xbox and get back to PS (as I come from PS and i have never ever experienced such controller issues).

Thank you in advance.

:)

ianvin, Nov 9, 2021
  2. LEOPECINA Win User

Controller disconnects

Same problem here.. Xb1 S controller randomly disconnects, original xbox one controller has no issues with xb1 S console...
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Keep losing my functions on my controllers while in wireless mode.

Hello Atsfsteam,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Do you have your console plugged into a surge protector, or directly into the wall? I have see cases of these types of issues coming from the console not receiving enough power. This usually happens because of
    the outlet it is plugged into.

Aside from that, check out these helpful links.

For your controller,
    try updating it to the latest firmware

For the console disconnecting from live randomly, check out this support article : "My Xbox One is getting randomly disconnected from Xbox
    Live"
  4. SammyVS Win User

5. ianvin Win User

Thank you kindly, but this does not solve the issue for me, since I am in a country where there is no UPS even, and shipping costs half of the console's price. We do not have a microsoft service here or anybody at this caliber who can fix such a problem. Loved the console, but a guess will have to sell it now and get it over with. Feeling a bit cheated for selling my PS4 pro in such times, when next gen consoles are so unreliable.
  6. SammyVS Win User

That's bad, mate. If you had it in a region that Xbox supported you could send it in for repair free of charge. You wouldn't even pay for shipping.
Thema:

1. Xbox controllers disconnecting from console randomly - Similar Threads - controllers disconnecting console

2. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  5. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  6. Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i leave the elite 2 controller plugged in the console in 24/7 or i should disconnect it...: I noticed my xbox will charge the controller even when the console is off, it's on fully shutdown mode, and im scared the battery will explode, i know it's have an overcharge protection but the...
  7. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  8. Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?: I have an Xbox series X that is roughly 1 year old and my controller disconnects from the console every 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs while playing games and has essentially made my Xbox...
  9. Xbox One S console disconnects controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S console disconnects controller: It's been an issue for a lot of gamers, not just me. And Xbox doesn't give AF. Check out this link address: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/s/6T16RUOB0c It goes like this... ...you're...
  10. Xbox controller randomly disconnects when plugged into the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller randomly disconnects when plugged into the console: I use an Xbox One S, and a black Series controller. I'm using the cable provided by Microsoft/Xbox. I had the same issue with the controller that came with the console. Googling for an answer...