XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working

Discus and support XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is the second controller that has the same issue, the menu button stopped working completely. Both controllers are XBOX 1 S type, bought in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vespassassina, Apr 11, 2021.

1. XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working

This is the second controller that has the same issue, the menu button stopped working completely.
    Both controllers are XBOX 1 S type, bought in different moments and from different stores.
    On both controllers the menu button (the hamburger sign) stopped working completely

I tried power cycling the controllers, connected the controllers to my pc (via usb and via dongle) and opening up and cleaning all contacts and button rubbers. I checked for updates of the controllers but nothing works.

The menu button, on both controllers, still won't work.

Any solutions?
    If you suggest to reset the console, please read the question first, the same behavior happens on pc too wired and wireless.
    This is a controller hw/sw issue.

:)

Vespassassina, Apr 11, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello Vespassassina, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

In your case you can request a replacement for your controller if it is still under warranty!

Here are the steps to take: Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Barry Exploded Win User

How do I sign out of Destiny on the Xbox One?

Same way works for all games on XB1 and IS SAFE.

Press the XBOX button to go to home, then with the application (game) window highlighted hit the menu button (old start button) select close application.

Works with anything on XB1
  4. XBF Aicha T Win User

Xbox One Controller Menu button stopped working

Hello there! I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. i highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the links bellow to resolve your issue :

Troubleshoot issues with an Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

you can also check this link to perform an update : Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If that didn't resolve your issue you will have to repair it. Access The link to request a repair for your controller : Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

If you are unable to create the order on that link please contact our live support:

Contact us | Xbox Support
  5. Smwutches Win User

Well stop a game?

Press the Xbox button on your controller to go Home. To completely stop the game, highlight it, press the menu button on your controller, and press Quit.
  6. LEOPECINA Win User

Controller disconnects

Same problem here.. Xb1 S controller randomly disconnects, original xbox one controller has no issues with xb1 S console...
Thema:

1. XBOX Controller (XB1 S version) menu button stopped working - Similar Threads - Controller XB1 version

2. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  3. Xbox controller warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller warranty: I purchased an xbox controller yesterday from EE and when i add the device to my microsoft account its saying warranty expired can anyone advise me on how to sort this please as i i dont want a...
  4. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  5. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  8. Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable: I've been struggling to get my XB1 to control my Fios STB for a while now. I saw other posts regarding this, and they were unsolved. They also suggested creating new posts for each person in...
  9. XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control: I went on a trip for 5 days recently and when I came home, my Xbox One was off as if it had automatically updated itself. After turning it back on and using it for a while, I notice 3 new/strange...
  10. XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control: When I eventually get a "playable" mix of game/chat it is pure luck. Can someone please explain to me how the adapter works? I understand the controller/person (game/chat) buttons on the left...