Xbox controller works in Xbox Accessories, but not in games

Discus and support Xbox controller works in Xbox Accessories, but not in games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox controller with a wireless adapter. The controller shows up on Xbox accessories and all the buttons work there, but games don't detect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by issavgg, Mar 17, 2023.

1. issavgg
    issavgg Guest

I bought an Xbox controller with a wireless adapter. The controller shows up on Xbox accessories and all the buttons work there, but games don't detect it, so none of the buttons work in games. Any ideas? I'm on windows 10.

:)

issavgg, Mar 17, 2023
  2. taidara Win User

can i use xbox 360 wireless controller with my xbox360?

3. ShadowKing0 Win User
  4. issavgg Win User

Hello, thank you for responding. I did that, and the controller still doesn't work in games.
  5. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to update the controller and check if there's any changes? Thanks!
  6. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

First please make sure your controller firmware is updated.

To update your controller please go to the link below:

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If you have any trouble following any steps or the issue persists let me know!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller works in Xbox Accessories, but not in games - Similar Threads - controller works Accessories

2. Razor controller setup for Xbox not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razor controller setup for Xbox not working: The app won’t update when controller plugged in just stuck at 0% 12a45222-049e-4ffd-8172-96ba6b02350f
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  5. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  8. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...
  9. XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Configurations won´t work without the Controller...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Configurations won´t work without the Controller...: XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Controller Elite 2 Win 11 Pro-22621.2134 the additional keyboard option is functioning with the usb linked to the controller without problems this far for...
  10. Controller turns on console, but doesn't work or show up in accessories.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns on console, but doesn't work or show up in accessories.: Have an Xbox Series X with two controllers. One that came with the console and the other that I bought separately from amazon. I am having an issue with the other 2nd controller that I bought...