Xbox controller won’t connect with usb connected

Discus and support Xbox controller won’t connect with usb connected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I try to sync my Xbox controller it vibrates twice and shuts down. My Xbox is plugged into a wall outlet and I have tried to unplug for two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mattyice7291, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Mattyice7291
    Mattyice7291 Guest

Every time I try to sync my Xbox controller it vibrates twice and shuts down. My Xbox is plugged into a wall outlet and I have tried to unplug for two minutes. I have a usb connected to my controller but it still doesn’t connect. The day before my controller was working fine and I had no problems but late in the night my controller just randomly disconnected and it hasn’t worked since.

:)

Mattyice7291, Nov 26, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

can i use the usb cable to play? can the controller be damaged?

Hey Vincent,

Yes, you can use the controller while connected to the console using usb cable. This won’t affect performance and won’t damage the controller. Using the controller wired of course means you don’t need to use batteries.

You can also update the controller while connected through USB cable.

Standard xbox one controllers require a micro USB cable. The elite series 2 and xbox adaptive controllers require USB type C cable.

Instructions on connecting an xbox one controller to console:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller

Any questions, I’m happy to help 😊
  3. ColoradoMade27 Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Using a USB cable to connect-

Connect your controller using a micro-USB cable (included with all standard Xbox One wireless controllers and the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit). Standard alkaline batteries won’t be used to power the controller functions while you’re using your controller
    as a wired controller.

If you’re using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller, connect your controller using a USB-C cable (included with both controllers).

Depending on the type of controller you have, plug the micro-USB or USB-C cable into the power port on the back of the controller then plug the other end of the cable into your Xbox One. More details can be found
    here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In order for us to check if it's the console or the controller, do you have a different controller that you can try to plug into your console?

Also, if there is none and if you have a PC or Laptop, kindly try updating the controller from there.

Follow the steps below:

"1. Open the Xbox Accessories app.

2. Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

3. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update."
  5. Adasaurasrex Win User

Problems with sync function

You should be able to do it following these steps:

Connect your controller using a micro-USB cable (included with all standard Xbox One wireless controllers and the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit). Standard alkaline batteries won’t be used to power the controller functions while you’re using your controller
    as a wired controller.

If you’re using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller, connect your controller using a USB-C cable (included with both controllers).

Depending on the type of controller you have, plug the micro-USB or USB-C cable into the power port on the back of the controller then plug the other end of the cable into your Xbox One.

Hope this helps
  6. Viper7Gamer Win User

Charging controller

as a wired controller.

Plug the other end into the front USB port on your Xbox. You could use one in the back also.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller won’t connect with usb connected - Similar Threads - controller won’t connect

2. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  3. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  4. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  5. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  6. How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t: So I have the original Xbox one and a newer Xbox controller and it worked fine for awhile but now it won’t connect and the pair button on my Xbox won’t work and I don’t know why but I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  8. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller: Whenever I turn on my Xbox controller it never connects and it infuriates me, I Kon it may not sound like it but I don’t want to come off in any way. I’ve tried everything, connecting a charger to...
  10. Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller: Hi, for a while now whenever I connect my Xbox controller to my laptop to play Fortnite on xcloud, the touchscreen controls stay on my screen. This makes it very annoying while playing. I’d...