Xbox controller will randomly stop working for a few seconds

Discus and support Xbox controller will randomly stop working for a few seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First time posting here, mainly because I can't find a fix anywhere else online. No matter what game I'm playing, my controller will randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chamowo, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Chamowo
    Chamowo Guest

First time posting here, mainly because I can't find a fix anywhere else online. No matter what game I'm playing, my controller will randomly "disconnect" from my console and be unresponsive, but the light on the controller will flash so it isn't from turning off. It's connected to a wall outlet via usb, so it can't be from low battery. I've tried power cycling my Xbox, didn't work. I've updated my controller, didn't work. I used a different controller, same thing. It just started happening tonight, and nothing in my setup changed. It's impossible to play any game because it happens at least once every 2 minutes, but usually about every 15 seconds. If I connect it directly to the Xbox, it seems to work fine, but my Xbox is around 7 feet from my chair and I don't have a comically long USB cable. is there a fix or is my Xbox itself starting to show it's age and break?

:)

Chamowo, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Since this is happening with multiple controllers the issue can be with the console itself. We may need to reset the console keeping games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Chamowo Win User

Just did this and after about 25 minutes of playing it hasn't happened again. Even if it isn't fully fixed (haven't played long enough to be fully sure) it's definitely improved dramatically. Thank you!
  4. FabioHVSilva Win User

Xbox One - Sync Issues - Controller Frequently Disconnecting

I'm having the same issue since the last update, controller and headphones stop working for a few seconds.
  5. BL00DYSPASM Win User

Xbox One X randomly stops recording gameplay

I've had the same issue a few times before, so it's not that recent.

I record to a 64GB USB stick, but I can't even get it to record a full race of around 3 minutes. Will randomly stop after a few seconds, at 1 min, at 2 mins...

1080p works fine.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Controller randomly stops working

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We
    will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

1. Xbox controller will randomly stop working for a few seconds - Similar Threads - controller randomly stop

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  4. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  5. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  6. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  7. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  8. Controller stopped connecting randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Controller stopped connecting randomly: I use my phone charger to play with my controller and ever since last night my controller won't connect and keeps on flashing when I turn it on. I tried unsyncing and syncing again but that won't...
  9. Xbox controller randomly stopped working..?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller randomly stopped working..?: Hello, I was playing my favorite game, NBA 2k23 when all of a sudden all of my controller buttons stopped working! The sticks and triggers worked fine but everything else was unresponsive. Tried...
  10. Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10): My Xbox Wireless Controller (2020 model, plugged into my PC via USB) has recently started randomly freezing up where it will stop accepting inputs (and sometimes hold the input that was pressed...