Xbox controller warranty update

Discus and support Xbox controller warranty update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a brand new Xbox wireless controller, but when I registered the device to my account, I noticed that the warranty has already... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kay Z1, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Kay Z1
    Kay Z1 Guest

Hi, I recently purchased a brand new Xbox wireless controller, but when I registered the device to my account, I noticed that the warranty has already expired. Can someone please let me the steps I need take to update my warranty period? I have the receipt with me, but I'm just not sure where should I upload or send it to. Thanks.

:)

Kay Z1, Jun 29, 2022
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox design lab controller mic jack issue

Hello I am a nice man,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. If this is a software issue, you can resolve this by updating the controller. Use this link if you require assistance with that : Update
    Xbox one controller

If this is a hardware issue, you would need to set up a repair/exchange. The design lab controllers have 4 months of warranty. You can double check your controllers warranty here : Request
    an Xbox controller replacement
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox Series X controller considered 2 in game (Windows) | Manette Xbox Series X considéré comme 2 en jeu (Windows)

4. Kay Z1 Win User

Hi Joanna.

Thank you for replying. The date of purchase was on June 21, 2022. And I got it from a Staples store in the NS province of Canada. Like I mentioned earlier, when I registered the controller to my account, it stated that the warranty expired on January 16, 2022. Please let me know what can be done about this. Thanks.
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hello, Kay Z1,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You mention that you purchased a brand-new Xbox controller and that when you registered the device, it stated that it was out of warranty. May I please ask where the controller was purchased? When was the date of purchase? I ask because Controllers have a 90-day warranty from the date of purchase. If you could please provide me with this information, let's continue working and see what could be going on.

Thanks,
  6. LoppyDuck Win User

Xbox One Controller buttons don't response after being inactive for about 10 mins

This is really weird, try updating the controller through the Xbox Accessories App, if the problem persists use your control's warranty.

Best regards,

Georges C.
    the problem is my warranty is expired :(
Thema:

1. Xbox controller warranty update - Similar Threads - controller warranty update

2. Xbox controller warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller warranty: I purchased an xbox controller yesterday from EE and when i add the device to my microsoft account its saying warranty expired can anyone advise me on how to sort this please as i i dont want a...
  3. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  6. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  7. My warranty date is displayed incorrectly for xbox controller. How to update the same?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My warranty date is displayed incorrectly for xbox controller. How to update the same?: I am India and I unable to contact support either through customer care or using request a call back. Please help. 184621ef-3174-475e-b73a-bb06fb1c8651
  8. I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...: I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite Series Core 2 Controller warranty period, as it is incorrect and I haven’t gotten my full year since registering it. In South Africa the...
  9. Update warranty period for new xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update warranty period for new xbox controller: I recently bought a new xbox controller and registered it to my Microsoft account. After registration, it shows that my warranty has expired 3 months ago. I have the proofs for my purchase and I'm...
  10. Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller: I just bought a new xbox series x controller, on registering the device warranty is showing as already expired. I want to update the warranty from the date of my purchase. I tried reaching out to...