Xbox controller stops working on Minecraft xbox version.

Discus and support Xbox controller stops working on Minecraft xbox version. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I open up minecraft (just minecraft, not any other games), my controller does not work. I just updated the game, and I’ve reinstalled it multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ryan Perry2, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Ryan Perry2
    Ryan Perry2 Guest

When I open up minecraft (just minecraft, not any other games), my controller does not work. I just updated the game, and I’ve reinstalled it multiple times. I have done a hard reset and updated my controller. Does anyone know if this is an Xbox issue, or a minecraft issue?

:)

Ryan Perry2, Dec 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ryan

Let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this please try:

A. Connect your controller using a USB cable and try in that way

B. Connect a different controller to your console

C. If you have more than one profile added in your console try opening the game with a different profile

D. Double check if your controller firmware is up to date.
    For this open the accessories app and verify

E. Do the opposite, downgrade your controller firmware.
    If necessary use this article for this purpose
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

By the way, is this happening with the Minecraft preview version? Or are you using the regular Minecraft version?
    And, are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
  3. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

Minecraft editor 360

they stopped updating the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft.
  4. Spazpol Win User

updating games on xbox

If this is the old version of Minecraft for Xbox One (Not the new universal version, there is 2 titles of Minecraft on Xbox One) the old version does not have the new title updates. It stopped at content update 44
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Can I somehow play Minecraft with an Xbox 360 remote on my laptop

Is this the Bedrock edition of Minecraft you're trying to play, or is this the Java edition? Those would be different solutions to get the controller to work.

I'm understanding your setup is a PC with Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver, an Xbox 360 controller, and Minecraft. The controller is working for other titles on the PC, but not so in Minecraft, correct? I am GUESSING that it's the Java version, because
    I do know that the Bedrock edition has built in controller support. The Java edition would require additional mods to make it work, and if so, I would recommend reviewing the Official Minecraft forums for the best solutions that have mods from a trustworthy
    site.
  6. Spazpol Win User

Minecraft for windows 10

there is 2 versions of Minecraft for the Xbox One. The older "xbox one" version has stopped getting updates. It is also not able to support cross play. The Miecraft just labeled "Minecraft" on xbox one is the version that can play between console, PC,
    android, Switch, etc.

For PC, just make sure you play the win 10 version (Bedrock) and not Java.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller stops working on Minecraft xbox version. - Similar Threads - controller stops working

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  7. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc
  8. My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.: I was playing halo and the game crashed. I was directed back to the dashboard, but then none of the buttons on my controller except for the home button were working. I tried power cycling the...
  9. All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?: Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my controller stopped working on my PC; All of my...
  10. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...