Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

Discus and support Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When the controller turns off while in a game i lost control over the controller in several games such as apex, dead island 2,call of duty black ops 3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joe_shmoe_gamin, May 19, 2023.

1. Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

When the controller turns off while in a game i lost control over the controller in several games such as apex, dead island 2,call of duty black ops 3 and several other games please test this. This is very frustrating when you have to restart games and even the console to fix but it only affects the game controls not the xbox menu controls thanks kindly.

:)

Joe_shmoe_gamin, May 19, 2023
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Overheating

Your Xbox won't overheat if you leave it idle. Somewhere in the Xbox settings menu, possibly in power and startup, there's an option to turn off the command to automatically turn your console off after being idle for so long. As long as your console
    is in a well ventilated area, nothing is blocking it in anyway, and the outlet its plugged into has a surge protector... then its all good!
  3. Major Franch1se Win User

xbox 360 won't trun off after 1hr of idle time

It's also possible that the console freezes after being idle for so long. Any reason that you don't just turn off your system when your done using it?
  4. Zehq Win User

Random kicks from campaign missions...

No lag from me but I've been kicked after being idle for too long.
  5. RoAd TApE Win User

Controller connected but won't work?!?!?!?

After having these exact controller issues start for me yesterday after unplugging a headset or turning my controller back on after it shut down from idle, I found this forum post and cannot believe they haven't put out a fix for this, yet, seeing that so
    many people are having the issue since september. Its bad enough that the controller turns off briefly after plugging in the usb to charge the battery or unplugging it when its finished charging, but now this new issue for me with it turning on but none of
    the button working is insane. We should not have to *** down the console and restart for it to work again, only for it to happen again whenever the controller turns off by idle. And the few times when it does turn back on and work, the headset that is connected
    to it doesnt work. The factory headset or my Microsoft stereo headset. Its unreal to see the older posts in this thread and now realize the the problem still exists 2 months later. Please help us out, Microsoft!
  6. Hque1000 Win User

Overwatch- Xbox- Mic Issues. Can hear team chat but cant speak

Firmware update completed.

Was able to use the mic in game but when I walked away from the game for a long time and the controller turned off (timed out) the mic stop working. I restarted the console and the mic worked again, So now the only way for the mic to work is to turn the game on, plug headphones into controller and restart console.
Thema:

Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

1. Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but... - Similar Threads - controller stops working

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  7. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc
  8. My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.: I was playing halo and the game crashed. I was directed back to the dashboard, but then none of the buttons on my controller except for the home button were working. I tried power cycling the...
  9. All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?: Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my controller stopped working on my PC; All of my...
  10. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...