Xbox controller stopped working..

Discus and support Xbox controller stopped working.. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My controller has seemingly decided to quit on me.. I've turned it on while being plugged into my Xbox, with batteries, & with rechargeable battery... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Amboozler, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Amboozler
    Amboozler Guest

My controller has seemingly decided to quit on me..

I've turned it on while being plugged into my Xbox, with batteries, & with rechargeable battery pack but everytime it blinks (as if trying to sync with Xbox) then vibrates twice and dies.

Not sure if this is useful information but when I plug "said controller" in it turns on by itself (into the whole blink blink, shudder shudder, dead x.x bit) which my other controller does not do. Thought this to be kind of odd..

Feel like I've tried every troubleshooting method that's posted on the Internet and that it's time to give up on these stix..

:)

Amboozler, Mar 17, 2023
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Xbox Controller Stopped Working

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums and have a great day!
  3. TheVet96 Win User

Xbox Controller Stopped Working

Hi AfraidCone10431,

This is frustrating. It has happened to myself a few times over a few consoles. First step is seeing if there is an update for the controllers.

Update Xbox Controller steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Another issue if the update doesn't work could be the button mapping: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/controllers/wireless-controller-solution

Hopefully it was just an update issue. If the problem persists please reach out to us again, there is plenty of help here!

Happy Gaming!
  4. gds1972 Win User

Xbox controller stopped working

5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox controller stopped working

Hi

If the controller does not turn on when you connect it I would first suggest you try using an alternate USB cable and if possible also try connecting it to an Xbox One console to see if the same thing still occurs.
  6. Eletricdrum Win User

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

It looks like a hardware issue.. If your controller is under warranty just follow the step in the link below to request a replacement:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
Thema:

1. Xbox controller stopped working.. - Similar Threads - controller stopped working

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  4. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  5. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc
  6. My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.: I was playing halo and the game crashed. I was directed back to the dashboard, but then none of the buttons on my controller except for the home button were working. I tried power cycling the...
  7. All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?: Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my controller stopped working on my PC; All of my...
  8. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...
  9. My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...: My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old scuf in and those paddles work. It's the controller/firmware that's the issue...
  10. Xbox controller to bluetooth stops working after one day.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller to bluetooth stops working after one day.: Hello, I have xbox x and my controller was working well on remote with my phone connected to bluetooth for one day, then next day stops working at all - same controller. I have phone xiaomi poco...