Xbox Controller stopped working on some games

Discus and support Xbox Controller stopped working on some games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all! I have played Elden Ring before, completed the game using my 9th Gen Xbox Controller, no issues. Then I stopped playing the game for a while,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by alpuzun, May 21, 2023.

1. alpuzun
    alpuzun Guest

Hi all!

I have played Elden Ring before, completed the game using my 9th Gen Xbox Controller, no issues.

Then I stopped playing the game for a while, I never used my controller in months.

Now I got NFS racing pack from Steam and downloaded NFS Unbound, it does not recognize my controller despite it working as intended and can open Game Bar and takes screen shots etc.

Then I tried playing Dirt 5, no issues there, works like a charm.

Then I tried playing Elden Ring again, it does not recognize the controller too. Despite Steam showing that controller notification.

Are there any known fixes for this?

Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

alpuzun, May 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello alpuzun,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that you are having issue with Xbox wireless controller in Steam app. Let us see and check on what we can do to help resolve the problem.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Have you tried connecting the Xbox Controller while playing games in Xbox app and the controller works fine?

2. What device are you using to play the game?

3. Is the issue happening only to NFS Unbound only?

We will be providing more information related to your concern once we receive your response as part of isolating the issue.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Pritto Pauly Win User

Why does my Xbox controller not work on the cloud gaming on the xbox app on my pc?

I had the same issue. The controller worked for navigating through Xbox app. but when a Xcloud game is launched, the inputs stopped working. I force stopped Xbox app and unpaired controller and removed it from Bluetooth devices. After reconnecting, the controller is working in Xcloud games. Hopefully it will fix your problem too. And it is for sure that this error is of Xbox app.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Dualsense completely disappears off bluetooth after a few seconds

The controllers never worked via Bluetooth or they worked for some time and stopped right after?
  6. Geordie Flash Win User

Can't fire while aiming.

I am assuming this is not a standard control pad? As some game are made to stop rapid fire pads working to try and make them fair for people who use regular control pads and play as the game was intended.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller stopped working on some games - Similar Threads - Controller stopped working

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  7. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc
  8. My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.: I was playing halo and the game crashed. I was directed back to the dashboard, but then none of the buttons on my controller except for the home button were working. I tried power cycling the...
  9. All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?: Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my controller stopped working on my PC; All of my...
  10. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...