Xbox Controller shows Random Solid Lights

Discus and support Xbox Controller shows Random Solid Lights in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, I don't know if this is where I should post my problem, yet I will see if it can help. My controller has a weird hobby of trolling me. It will work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrawnyOak, Jan 2, 2014.

1. BrawnyOak
    BrawnyOak Guest

Ok, I don't know if this is where I should post my problem, yet I will see if it can help. My controller has a weird hobby of trolling me. It will work at some times, won't turn on at other times, and do random light poses for me most of the time. What I
    mean is that the lights on the controller with go to one specific spot and stay there. No blinking or flashing, just a solid green light. For example, I will light every spot except the 2nd player light spot, and other times it will only show me the bottom
    layer. What's wrong with this piece of junk. (Again, it works at little occasions, and will show a solid green light).

:)

BrawnyOak, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Issues with controller connecting

Hi Has anyone has issues with the controller showing a solid Xbox logo but not working on the system? I tried plugging it in as well and nothing works even though it's a solid light.

Instant-5F9684BC-F630-443A-8512-7B958933E9E9, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Xbox Controller won't do anything on Xbox.

Is the controller connected to the console? (Is the white light on the logo solid white) on your controller.

NewBlacksmurf, Jan 2, 2014
  4. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest

BrawnyOak,

Is your controller an Official Microsoft product? That would be my first question. My second question to you would be are you able to play your games fine, even though your controller's lights like to spaz out on you? My third question would be to ask
    you if you are using any accessories that are plugged into your controller, as they might be causing some kind of interference.

All in all, if you can play your games regardless of your controller's lights, I'd say enjoy your unique controller!!

MattKV1, Jan 2, 2014
  5. BrawnyOak
    BrawnyOak Guest
    I never actually though that it could be a fake, and after looking around, I found out that the controller was a pirated version of the Xbox Controller.

BrawnyOak, Oct 31, 2018
  6. BrawnyOak Win User

I never actually though that it could be a fake, and after looking around, I found out that the controller was a pirated version of the Xbox Controller.
  7. MattKV1 Win User

BrawnyOak,

Is your controller an Official Microsoft product? That would be my first question. My second question to you would be are you able to play your games fine, even though your controller's lights like to spaz out on you? My third question would be to ask
    you if you are using any accessories that are plugged into your controller, as they might be causing some kind of interference.

All in all, if you can play your games regardless of your controller's lights, I'd say enjoy your unique controller!!
  8. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Xbox Controller won't do anything on Xbox.

Is the controller connected to the console? (Is the white light on the logo solid white) on your controller.
  9. OneyeInDarkness Win User

Xbox controller on PC

If this is a normal xbox one controller for example a wireless one that takes batteries in the back. Don't use a bluetooth usb. I suggest just a usb cord like a andriod phone cord. That's what I use, and it directly connects to the usb insert on the top
    of the controller and it'll show it's connected with solid light of the controller. Be advised you will have to re-sync the controller to your xbox when you're done.
  10. cmdirxdd Win User

Xbox controller on PC

If this is a normal xbox one controller for example a wireless one that takes batteries in the back. Don't use a bluetooth usb. I suggest just a usb cord like a andriod phone cord. That's what I use, and it directly connects to the usb insert on the top
    of the controller and it'll show it's connected with solid light of the controller. Be advised you will have to re-sync the controller to your xbox when you're done.
    its a normal xbox controller and im trying to use it with a usb because my pc cant do bluetooth but when i plug it in the xbox light just flashes
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller shows Random Solid Lights - Similar Threads - Controller shows Random

2. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  3. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  4. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  5. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  6. Xbox controller doesn't show up why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller doesn't show up why?: I have Xbox series s controller and I want to play with it on pc but whenever I try to connect it doesn't show up. I have gamebird 4.0 Bluetooth dongle. Microsoft please help me. I have windows...
  7. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...
  8. My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...: [img] Hi, My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im not touching the controller at all. The controller is almost as new and this recently just...
  9. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  10. XSX controller randomly disconnecting and showing wrong battery %

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX controller randomly disconnecting and showing wrong battery %: Hello, As mentioned in the subject my XSX controllers are randomly disconnecting when playing or just going through the menu or web browser. I believe the issue is not with the controller itself...