Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

Discus and support Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas Marshall2, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500

Ram: 16gb

Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1

SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb

I have tried to uninstall Universal Serial Bus controllers but the only thing that happens is my mouse or my keyboard stops working. On another post it showed the xbox controller showing up under its own category. Xbox Accessories does not detect my controller. I did update the controller using the xbox. When I plug my controller in, it vibrates. The computer doesn't play a new hardware sound. My xbox was unplugged from the wall when I was trying to connect to my pc.

:)

Thomas Marshall2, Apr 16, 2024
  2. Rostom L Win User

try connecting your device again error for wireless Xbox Controller

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Please try to update your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers. If possible, reinstall them.
    You can check the guide here on how to do it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upd...

This is optional but you could also try to update your computer BIOS. Check the guide here https://windowsreport.com/how-to-update-bios-wi...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. DeniqL Win User

My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on

Hi,Adolfo! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you been able to test your controller while connected with a USB cable?

If your controller works when connected to your console with a USB cable let´s try updating it.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.

Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.

If it doesn’t work when connected to your console with a USB cable, your controller needs to be replaced.
  4. Kev7420 Win User

Disconnected controller message and low battery.

Update your controller
    See if there’s an update available for your controller:
    Better to connect with USB in my opinion

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under System, select Settings.
    3. Under Devices & streaming, select Accessories.
    4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    5. If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
    6. Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again
  5. Janet_C Win User

Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11

Connect the controller via USB cable, when you have it, look in your computer "Device Manager", there select "Xbox Peripherals" and then select "Update Driver".

After this you look in the same device manager window for "Bluetooth", right click and select update driver.

Then disconnect the controller and try to connect it again.
  6. DeniqL Win User

Why does my xbox series s controller disconnect every 5 seconds (not even kidding) and why is there no way to fix it

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Is that the only controller having those issues?

If it is try checking for a controller update

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.

Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.

If it is not try a factory reset on your console

System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.
Thema:

Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

1. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again. - Similar Threads - Controller says Try

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  4. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?: I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium...
  5. i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...: i ordered a controller on the 29th march and it has not arrived. it says on the dpd tracking website that it’s been delivered so i downloaded the app and it said it was delivered to somewhere...
  6. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  7. Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller.: Hi. My friend gave me his old xbox controller, and both of the triggers are saying pressed when they are in fact not. I have tried a ton of things, even taking the whole controller apart, but I...
  8. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  9. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...
  10. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627