Xbox controller registering start button when not being pushed down

Discus and support Xbox controller registering start button when not being pushed down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my question is exactly how it sounds. My controller is quite new, but I think the cause of this happening was me dropping my controller. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by d4ng4n, Apr 11, 2022.

1. d4ng4n
    d4ng4n Guest

Hello, my question is exactly how it sounds.

My controller is quite new, but I think the cause of this happening was me dropping my controller.

I've tried updates to fix it and nothings worked.

The start button is not stuck, (unable to be pushed down / vice versa) it can be pushed down fine, just like the rest of my controller buttons.

:)

d4ng4n, Apr 11, 2022
  2. d4ng4n Win User

3. TheProfess0r Win User

My name is Loren. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

What controller model are you using? Is that the only button you are having an issue with?
  4. TheProfess0r Win User

5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Nothing Connects

To solve this issue I suggest you to follow these steps:

Turn on the console

Turn on the controller by holding down the Xbox button until it starts flashing then release.

Push and hold the small black sync button on the front of the controller until the Xbox button starts flashing faster then release.

Now push and release the sync button on the side of the xbox console.

Then push and release the Xbox button on the controller.

The light should slow down then stay on.

Your additional remotes should work properly now.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox controller not registering that buttons are being held down

Try performing the hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller registering start button when not being pushed down - Similar Threads - controller registering start

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account: So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly...
  5. Trouble registering my Xbox Wireless Controller (Robot White)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble registering my Xbox Wireless Controller (Robot White): When I tried to register my Xbox Wireless Controller colored in robot white, I don't think it's recognized correctly. feb1a597-8e6a-43b5-a298-0c7d9251ce99
  6. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  7. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number: I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this serial number" so I doubt that my controller is...
  8. I can't register my Xbox Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my Xbox Controller: I purcahsed an Xbox Wireless Controller Model 1914 for my PC last month and I can't register it in my Microsoft Account, it says "We couldn't find the serial number". I have tried multiple times....
  9. Why do DualShock 4 controllers not register as controllers on my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do DualShock 4 controllers not register as controllers on my PC?: Until Christmas Evening, my DualShock controller (PS4 Controller) worked fine, but then suddenly stopped. It still connects via bluetooth and via USB. I need help with this as soon as possible,...
  10. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller: I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt allow me to continue. I usually turn my...