Xbox controller randomly shut off and won't turn on

Discus and support Xbox controller randomly shut off and won't turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the standard first party controller that came with the console, and while it was updating it randomly shut off for good. Didn't touch it at all.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ProfessionalDegenerate, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Xbox controller randomly shut off and won't turn on

I have the standard first party controller that came with the console, and while it was updating it randomly shut off for good. Didn't touch it at all. Is there a fix or is it gone for good?

:)

ProfessionalDegenerate, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Reign of Hero Win User

Hey, there could be a connection issue between your xbox system and the controller itself. I recommend re-syncing the controller first and see if that fixes the problem. If the problem continues I would look and see if the controller needs an update, more information on that can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

Good Luck!
  3. OFFTHEPOPE Win User

Anyone who has cold war on xbox one and series x please verify

Yes everything transfers fine to be xbox. Even campaign modes saves where you left off. Good luck though with the Xbox. Mine won't stay running for more then 15 minutes and shuts off. Getting too hot and just shuts off. Controller won't turn machine back
    on and have to manually turn it on.
  4. Potshots247 Win User

Xbox one x constantly freezing and restarting

Any other suggestions, it just seems to randomly freeze up and shut down. Doesn’t even turn off controller or headset just hard crashes.
  5. HASHxBROWNS Win User

my xbox 360 turns on and off by itself randomly

I have the star wars xbox also! for some reason he will randomly turn on for awhile then shut off. I have cleaned it and done what everyone said but it is still doing it! It does not shut off randomly while I am playing, it only turns on randomly late at
    night! sometime it does it a few times other nights maybe once and sometimes not at all. what the heck is going with my xbox?
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

Controller randomly shuts off

Are you able to use the controller while it is directly connected to the console with a USB cable, does it do the same thing. If it does not shut down, then it may be an issue with the battery or connectors.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller randomly shut off and won't turn on - Similar Threads - controller randomly shut

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  4. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  5. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  6. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  7. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  8. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  9. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  10. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...