Xbox controller only turns on when placed on its charging station.

Discus and support Xbox controller only turns on when placed on its charging station. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had this Xbox and controller for about 5 years and nothing has been a problem since recently. I had played it none stop a year ago and stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Angelie M, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Angelie M
    Angelie M Guest

I've had this Xbox and controller for about 5 years and nothing has been a problem since recently. I had played it none stop a year ago and stopped using it completely only up until recently and when I took the controller off of it's charging station (not completely sure if it's called that but oh well) it did not turn on, only blinked repeatedly when I held the logo down and when I stopped pressing it the logo would stop blinking and would never turn on. Only when I placed it back on it's charging station and pressed the logo it turned back on. Not a complete problem if its still turning back on but I find this issue weird and a little annoying.

I have looked online for answers but nothing has related to this issue so I'm not sure what is going on.

:)

Angelie M, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Cory Maynard Win User

Mine is doing the same thing but my daughter can take the same battery in her room and hers works fine but it doesn't in any of my controllers
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Angelie!

Sorry to hear about the issue. I assume that your controller is rechargeable, right? Since it only works when you put it on your charging dock that means that the power isn't coming from your battery but directly from the power source. I believe that your controller's battery health has been degraded already. You may need to replace it.

Alternatively, try to use your controller using a USB cable directly plugged in to your console's USB port to use it normally.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Just got a Xbox S/X controller charging station model X-DZ-001, couple questions

this is due to the charging station and its batteries being third party, they don't have the required connections to the pin array int he controller, the charge station batteries will have external pins on them so when the controller sits on the mount it then charges the battery.

only official plug and play batteries from microsoft can charge via the usb on the controller, they do this through different pins internally.
  5. xXCamhawkXx Win User

Xbox One controller battery choices

I use the Nyko 2 controller charging station. I could not tell you how long they can go without charging since I place them on the base when I am done. link:

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Charge+Base+for+Xbox+One
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

Elite Controller 2 Charging Dock

When you put the controller on the docking station do you feel any vibration at all, the controller will vibrate for a couple of seconds after it connects. And make sure the USB cable is firmly connected to the docking station. This may also be an issue
    with the battery in the controller as when you connect the controller with the USB cable it does bypass the battery.

We recommend charging your controller from an Xbox console or PC only. Avoid alternative charging methods like a USB wall charger.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller only turns on when placed on its charging station. - Similar Threads - controller turns placed

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  4. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  5. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  6. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  7. Controller turns on game then can’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns on game then can’t do anything: Controller new batteries turns on game then can’t do anything 048d280d-2ccb-44b1-b1c1-143145becd45
  8. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  9. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  10. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?: So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the console. Is there any way to go straight into...