Xbox controller not turning off/connectivity issues

Discus and support Xbox controller not turning off/connectivity issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason my xbox controller will work fine for about 5-10 minutes and then will just instantly stop working but remain on, almost as if it just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OrangeFern306, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Xbox controller not turning off/connectivity issues

For some reason my xbox controller will work fine for about 5-10 minutes and then will just instantly stop working but remain on, almost as if it just connected to another device. I've tried using several other controllers but get the same result, all
    the controllers have been updated and no amount of rebooting seems to work. I honestly don't know what to do and am starting to suspect the console itself might be the issue.

:)

OrangeFern306, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Lord Gigglefist Win User

Controller dies when screen shakes?

Update: Turns out vibration is turned ON for my system, but the controllers don't vibrate.

So I guess the issue is really that when any controller is connected to my system, when it's supposed to vibrate, it turns off.
  3. Hordie Win User

Can't connect Controller to Xbox One X

Hi Tarkov510,

Sorry you're having issues connecting your controllers to your Xbox. Are these known good working controllers? If they're not syncing via wireless, then I would suggest trying to plug them in via USB. They should immediately connect, and stay connected.
    If you're still having issues, then try doing a hard reset. To do this with the console powered on, hold the power button down for about 10 seconds until it turns off. After it's off, turn it back on and try to see if they start connecting.
  4. GmOasis Win User

Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller

Hi. my windows 10 and xbox one wireless controller are updated. same issue cant connect wirelessly and windows pairs even when my controller is turned off/not even plugged to laptop. :(
  5. KoolaCody Win User

Code : 80048821

Very strange, I held the Xbox button in the middle of the controller and turned off the controller then turn it back on and now I am connected.
  6. Kevenstu01 Win User

Using the Xbox One S controller for both console and phone.

hi SnackPack83

unfortunately you cannot, the controller is set to ''always'' connect to the last synced device.

you will have to sync your controller every time you want to switch device

and turning off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button until it turn off is the intended way of turning it off without turning the Xbox off (when synced to an Xbox), or when synced to another device other then the Xbox
Thema:

Xbox controller not turning off/connectivity issues

1. Xbox controller not turning off/connectivity issues - Similar Threads - controller turning off

2. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  3. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  4. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  5. The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly

in XBoX on Consoles
    The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly: When I press the power button on my controller, it immediately turns off and I can't connect it to Windows, if I'm sure it has enough charge. It has been purchased for less than 4 months Due to...
  6. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  7. Controller turn off when pressing RS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turn off when pressing RS: whenever i press the right analog stick on my xbox elite series 2 controller it shuts off and wont turn back on until i plug it in anyway i can fix this? f9e00215-011a-4b76-ad15-2a37acf6bed5
  8. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  9. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  10. My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…: Hi there! My XboxOneS controller works perfectly until I hold the X button to turn off the console. Once I get to the What do you want to do? screen to turn off the console as soon as I try to...