XBOX controller not recognized by any games when connected to a Win10 PC via Bluetooth

Discus and support XBOX controller not recognized by any games when connected to a Win10 PC via Bluetooth in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had previously connected a XBOX controller to my PC via Bluetooth and was able to play any game (installed XBOX games, XBOX Cloud or Steam) without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobMaurer, Dec 3, 2021.

1. RobMaurer
    RobMaurer Guest

XBOX controller not recognized by any games when connected to a Win10 PC via Bluetooth

I had previously connected a XBOX controller to my PC via Bluetooth and was able to play any game (installed XBOX games, XBOX Cloud or Steam) without issue. I recently connected the same controller to my console and it immediately notified me that I needed an update to my controller. I ran the update and everything worked fine. I reconnected the controller to my PC via Bluetooth and it shows that it is connected but none of my games see the controller and the XBOX Accessories App does not see the controller.

I have completely updated Win10 and searched and installed any additional updates, dis-connected/re-connected via Bluetooth, power cycled the controller and reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers for the controller, all with no improvement. I even connected the controller back to my console and reverted the firmware on the controller, but that rendered it completely useless, so I reinstalled the update with no improvement.

When I connect the controller to my PC with a USB-C cord everything works as it should and the controller is recognized by everything. I know the simple answer is use the USB cord, but I would like to be wireless again.

:)

RobMaurer, Dec 3, 2021
  2. RobMaurer Win User

3. RobMaurer Win User

I found a temporary solution. I tried to rollback the firmware on my controller again but this time I connected to my console via USB cable. This worked (it bricked my controller when I tried to do it wirelessly) and now it is recognized by both my console and PC. I'll hold off upgrading the firmware again for now.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

This has been an issue for me as well, it seems the last controller update did something to it. I hope soon a new firmware update is released to address this.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Alright. Thanks great. Could give me the steps on how you did that?
  6. GrainedWings543 Win User

Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller

I do not have an xbox, I use the controller on win10 pc. I took out the batteries, reinstalled the xbox accessories, tested the controller with Microsoft's game tester app, everything seems to be ok, exept from the vibration via bluetooth. It seems as
    if re-pairing the controller via bluetooth results in using the default profile. Via usb it does not vibrate.
Thema:

1. XBOX controller not recognized by any games when connected to a Win10 PC via Bluetooth - Similar Threads - controller recognized games

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  4. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  6. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  7. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  8. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  9. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  10. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...