Xbox controller not properly working for Series X anymore exclusively.

Discus and support Xbox controller not properly working for Series X anymore exclusively. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; RESOLVED: Hard reset aka unplugging console’s power fixed it. Alright. I have 3 controllers and 3 devices I am using to troubleshoot this issue. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pandamaniaaa, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Pandamaniaaa
    Pandamaniaaa Guest

RESOLVED: Hard reset aka unplugging console’s power fixed it.

Alright. I have 3 controllers and 3 devices I am using to troubleshoot this issue. My main controller, a OEM XS controller, is not functioning for my console. If I try to sync it, it will succeed to sync. It has synced to this console before. If I have it wired or wireless, it still doesn’t register as a controller to the console. If the console is turned off, I still can use this controller to turn the console on wirelessly or wired but thats as far as it goes.

I use this controller for my PC gaming too. It fully works when connected to the PC. No, it is not connected to it while I’m trying to use it for Xbox. The PC is currently off. I can even connect it to my phone and remote play to console without issues. I have a One S and another SX OEM controller that can connect to the console without issues. I have a base Xbox One that I can connect this controller to without issues. The Xbox One is not powered on while attempting to use this controller to the Series X.

The controller’s firmware is up to date according to the Xbox One.

I have attempted numerous times to power reset by holding the xbox button on the controller to no avail.

To further verify, I have checked the device settings to confirm the console does not recognize the controller when connected to the Series X. It will recognize any other device.

:)

Pandamaniaaa, Oct 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Panamania

Can you double check if maybe there is a pending update for your console and controller?

If yes, can you try power cycle the console and then re-sync the controller?
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  3. Pandamaniaaa Win User

Unplugging the console did the trick. I didn’t get to see your comment until after attempting it already. Irregardless, thank you for the support
  4. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  5. Don8591 Win User

Xbox chat pad

I can't find one designed for series x controller. They are all for xbox one controller and don't fit series x controller properly.
  6. jevgeni polujanov1 Win User

Is the medium battery level on the xbox series x wireless controller are normal yes or no?

I am are using play and charge kit on the xbox series x wireless controller it is are not official one but it is are working on the controller perfectly fine but the indicator does show medium battery level at all times and sometimes it does show fool battery level rather than that it is are working properly in the right way on the series x controller without any issues.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller not properly working for Series X anymore exclusively. - Similar Threads - controller properly working

2. Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly: When you press the analogue sticks or Dpad on any controller it does the correct movement however it is then repeated in the opposite direction immediately after. I have tested multiple...
  3. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  4. None of my controllers work properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my controllers work properly: I have had this issue for quite a while. I’ve been able to live with it but I really want to get this fixed. This might not be the right way to describe it, but anytime I try to play a game, the...
  5. Xbox series 2 elite controller not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series 2 elite controller not working properly.: My Xbox elite series 2 controller just disconnected. I tried resetting it then reconnected it but it won’t let me move or select anything on it. And my headphones won’t put out any noise. I’ve had...
  6. Xbox 360 controller arrow not working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller arrow not working properly: Hello, I have my current Xbox 360 controller for a while not, but recently I noticed that the right arrow isn't working as it should, in normal situations, when I press the arrow, it doesn't...
  7. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...
  8. Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newish Xbox controller won't work properly when I try to walk forward in games. What should...: It's starts and stops when I try to run forward in games. I've tried looking it up but to no avail. Please help? e205370e-eac4-48ce-b0be-98046d8c206b
  9. The 'A' button on my series s controller not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The 'A' button on my series s controller not working properly.: The 'A' button on my series s controller, although working, does not register the input when pressed using thumb. However, it does register the input when pressed using the tip of the thumb. This...
  10. My Xbox controller is not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller is not working properly.: my xbox controller was working fine until one day the lb bumper started pressing without me pressing it. and now when i turn on my controller, the joystick won't work. when i try to press a...