Xbox controller issues with an Xbox (I have tried the troubleshoot methods)

Discus and support Xbox controller issues with an Xbox (I have tried the troubleshoot methods) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller's inputs are not being detected properly by my Xbox, and the wireless connection sometimes drops. When wireless, the inputs will stop... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S2Pot Gaming, Feb 27, 2023.

1. S2Pot Gaming
    S2Pot Gaming Guest

My controller's inputs are not being detected properly by my Xbox, and the wireless connection sometimes drops. When wireless, the inputs will stop being read and then the controller will flash, as if reconnecting to the xbox, but never actually reconnect. When using a wired connection, the light will stay on, indicating it is getting power from the xbox, but none of my inputs are having an effect. Sometimes, before this problem pops up, inputs will carry over or trigger multiple times from one input before they stop being read. I've power-cycled the remote, I have used both a wired and wireless connection, I have checked for controller updates, power-cycled one of the consoles this has occured on (I've had it happen with two different consoles, an Xbox One S and Xbox Series X), attempted to re-sync the controllers to both Xbox consoles (usually they don't successfully sync back up) and still I've had this issue. I have two different Xbox Elite 1 controllers that are doing this, and no idea why and I'm not sure how to figure out what is going on.

In my research I've found only three(ish) posts about this across Xbox forums and Reddit, but they didn't get any replies or support. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone know how to figure out what is going on (and potentially fix it)?

:)

S2Pot Gaming, Feb 27, 2023
  2. S2Pot Gaming Win User

It started about a month ago, when I first thought it was my console; I wasn’t worried about it the. since I was upgrading to Series X soon. Only after it happened on the Series X did I think it was a controller issue. So I’m pretty sure it isn’t due to a console update, as I am having this issue with two separate consoles from different generations (One and Series). I’ve tried different batteries to no avail as well. I don’t have a Windows PC unfortunately (Mac user), so I can’t easily take that route. But there are no updates for my controller according to the Xbox Accessories app on my Xbox.

I do know my controllers are getting old, but I’ve never had an issue like this before ever. I usually lose my controllers to stick drift long before anything else goes out. I did start to notice this issue with my two controllers roughly the same time, so maybe it was a controller update that messed them up? Is there any way to test that without a Windows PC?
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi S2Pot!

Sorry to hear about what happened. When did you first notice the issue? Could it be after an update from your console or something?

Please make sure that your controllers are fully charged. Try using a different USB cable as well. If you have Windows PC, I suggest to connect your controller via USB and check for updates from the Xbox Accessories app on your PC.

You can find more troubleshooting steps here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. Rostom L Win User

Thank you for the detailed information. So it's clearly a controller issue.

It's possible that the controller update caused the issue. Aside from using Windows PC, you could try to revert your controller's firmware using your Xbox console. Please check the steps from the link below. Let's see if it will work. I'm assuming you could still navigate through the Settings? Don't forget to try different USB cables

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. aalbasse Win User

Forza Horizon 5 can't be installed!! ERROR 0x00000000 or 0x00000001 !

Same issue here, I have tried every possible troubleshooting method but still keep getting that error. However, I have no issue installing other games from Microsoft Store / Xbox App
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

3.5 mm headset jack not working

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! Just to clarify, when you stated that "[you've] tried all the troubleshooting methods..." which methods were you referring to? Did you try to change the batteries, or try connecting the controller with a USB cable
    then try
    updating the controller
    ?

Here's an additional support link for
    Troubleshooting your controller
    , which will take you through some additional steps to try and resolve the issue. I would also recommend trying to get an adapter for the controller the fits into the bottom of the controller essentially replacing the 3.5mm
    headphone jack input.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

1. Xbox controller issues with an Xbox (I have tried the troubleshoot methods) - Similar Threads - controller issues tried

2. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  3. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  6. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  7. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  8. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  9. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  10. Trying to issue "Get service for your device" controller after warranty that keep failing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to issue "Get service for your device" controller after warranty that keep failing.: Hi, I got an XBOX Controller that is under warranty and suddenly its LB button stop responding , I am trying to start the "Get service for your device" procedure under All devices->Xbox using...