XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus"

Discus and support XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Did someone find solution for issue described in that article - it is really enoying :( I'm using "Mjoy control panel" as well as a "Fergo... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dj kOLOs, Feb 13, 2024.

1. dj kOLOs
    dj kOLOs Guest

Hi,

Did someone find solution for issue described in that article - it is really enoying XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus" :(

I'm using "Mjoy control panel" as well as a "Fergo JoystickMIDI" and issue is the same. So it is not related to OBS or PTZ plugin. Playstation pads works just fine on all that 3 apps. So it's something related to functionality that Xbox pad simulate keyboard arrows in situation when app in not on focus - how to turn that functionality off ???

Thank You in advance for answer.

Aleksander Rowiński

:)

dj kOLOs, Feb 13, 2024
  2. BigMombo Win User

Windows 10 & xBox Companion with multiple monitors

Agree with the focus issue, but MS should also understand the nature of modern gaming with streaming. The need to continue without loss of focus from the xBox Companion app when using a game controller and taking action with a mouse or keyboard in another
    monitor is something the engineers should figure out.
  3. eG x Thee Elf Win User

"Xbox Snap" Got me Killed

PenitusOculatus,

When you say "Xbox, Snap" the focus changes from the main app to the snapped app and this is what your controller is controlling. To quickly swap back you can double-tap the Xbox Guide button or say "Xbox, Switch". Hope this helps for the next time.
  4. DENAz666 Win User

Lack of Party App snap is so monumentally stupid that I'm sure I'm doing this wrong.

Hey mate,

Should still work the same :)

When you have the party app snapped, you can switch between the two by...

Using a controller

1.Press the Xbox button to go Home, or say “Xbox, go home”.

2.Use the left stick to change the focus to the app you want to use.

3.Press A to access that app.

Note You can also double-tap the Xbox button to switch focus.

Using your voice

To switch focus, simply say “Xbox, switch”.

Cheers

Denaz
  5. Awesomerrificus Win User

First Impression: Ambitious Console with some kinks that need worked out

Say XBOX SWITCH or double tap Xbox button on controller to switch focus between snapped apps.
  6. Dan Dautrich Win User

Windows 10 preview build 10547 - Xbox streaming broken

Updating to the Xbox (Beta) app version 9.9.25033 fixed most of the issues for me. I still had a popup ask if I wanted to open the game bar that stole the controller focus for a few seconds until it went away.
Thema:

1. XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus" - Similar Threads - Controller issues app

2. Input issue with Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input issue with Xbox One controller: My Xbox One controller is having issues with input. It's doubling its input, like each time I press a button or move the sticks that I'm doing it twice, and the right stick periodically & randomly...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  4. Controller issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller issues: When I connect my Xbox controller to my PC or any device it shows on the device as connected then disconnected. And keeps changing between them and changing every second until it just comes up...
  5. Controller issues blinking mid game

in XboX Insiders
    Controller issues blinking mid game: My controller keeping blinking for a second every few minutes disconnecting then reconnecting I’ve tried everything don’t know what to do did it with other controllers aswell just randomly started...
  6. My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I: My right stick drifts up and down in all games. Left stick and d pad are touchy and jump multiple spaces on a single tap. I’ve changed controllers and the issues follow. I looked at forum and see...
  7. Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hello, I have had this Xbox controller for 3 years now and have never had any issues. However, I recently switched from Windows 11 to Windows 10, and since then, my PC only detects the joysticks...
  8. xbox one controller pairing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller pairing issue: We recently helped our daughter move from college to back home for the summer. During the move, her (original) xbox one somehow lost its left side panel (pic) where the pairing button is. We are...
  9. Xbox Controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller issues: My Xbox controller will turn on but not connecting to my Xbox. And non of my devices have Bluetooth turned on. Idk what it is connecting to. I've tried everything...
  10. issues with the xbox elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    issues with the xbox elite series 2 controller: hello, I'm currently having issues with my controller, when connected to any device either wired or Bluetooth the controller continues to spin the left and right stick, usually down and to the...