Xbox Controller Issue - Same as everyone else - Can't Type without Cursor jumping and...

Discus and support Xbox Controller Issue - Same as everyone else - Can't Type without Cursor jumping and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else with my Xbox controller. At the home screen, the controller jumps all over the place. I have to try... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rkellah, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Rkellah
    Rkellah Guest

Xbox Controller Issue - Same as everyone else - Can't Type without Cursor jumping and...

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else with my Xbox controller. At the home screen, the controller jumps all over the place. I have to try and trick the controller to type something. When I press over using the D-pad, the cursor either moves multiple times in that direction or if I am in a keyboard dialogue screen trying to type in someone's gamer tag it will jump to the top left once *after I have typed the first letter. This happens when trying to use the joy sticks as well. It's totally unbelievable.

Additionally, my right joystick constantly looks up once in a game. I have to constantly look down while playing. This has been going on for for several weeks. Now the left joystick is moving my character forward slowly but constantly.

Whoever the moderator is, please do not lock the thread once you tell me to go purchase another controller! The controller is just out of warranty and I want to see if anyone has actually found a fix or if this is the just the cheap chinese controller problem. There is no reason why a controller can't handle 5 hours of gameplay a week for 5 months other than there is a software issue or they are junk. My old Xbox , the controllers are still working and I played that thing much more than 5 hours a week.

:)

Rkellah, Jul 8, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Controller Issue - Same as everyone else - Can't Type without Cursor jumping and Joysticks looking up and moving forward

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Rkellah, i'm sorry about what's going on with your control, in your description you said "just the cheap Chinese controller problem", are you talking about an original Xbox controller or other compatible controls?

In those cases if you've tried all upgrade procedures whether on Xbox or control, and it's out of warranty, ideally you'd send your controller to some reliable gamer technical assistance.
  3. Rkellah Win User

Xbox Controller Issue - Same as everyone else - Can't Type without Cursor jumping and Joysticks looking up and moving forward

Georges,

Sorry for the delayed response. The controller is the original Xbox controller that came with the console. Can you point me to some directions on "upgrade procedures" and I will verify that I have completed all of those?

Lastly, I want to point out that when I first turn on my Xbox and I am asked to sign in to my profile, I have absolutely no issues at the password screen with the controller. The controller works just fine and I can type in my password without fighting the d-pad or the joystick. However, once I leave the password screen and go to the home screen or to a game I start having issues.

An example: This weekend I was trying to invite a friend to a fortnite party to play. I was in fortnite and the dialogue box popped up for me to type their gamer tag in. The controller let me pick the first letter of their name without issue. Once I had a letter chosen, the autofill words came up above the keyboard and the selection box constantly jumped back to an autofill word. I press the d-pad or the joy stick in any direction towards a letter on the keyboard and the selection box jumps back to the autofill words. You literally cannot even type a name in...

All of this leads me to believe that this is not a controller issue but rather a software issue as @MG XIII says below.
  4. MG XIII Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C. welcome to the community.

Hello Rkellah, i'm sorry about what's going on with your control, in your description you said "just the cheap Chinese controller problem", are you talking about an original Xbox controller or other compatible controls?

In those cases if you've tried all upgrade procedures whether on Xbox or control, and it's out of warranty, ideally you'd send your controller to some reliable gamer technical assistance.
    This is not a controller issue, many people have it. I have reported through the console app but no response.
  5. MG XIII Win User

This is not a controller issue, many people have it. I have reported through the console app but no response.
  6. SuperNube Win User

no weapon no gun issue

it happened to me last night and i really don't understand what is going on. i can join bf3 games but i can only run around without a gun at times it shows a cursor but i can't shoot. i jumped in a tank and it showed a cursor and was able to shoot but your
    life in a tank is not very long so i dashboarded and tried again and same result. does anyone have any ideas what i should do?
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Issue - Same as everyone else - Can't Type without Cursor jumping and... - Similar Threads - Controller Issue Same

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  7. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  8. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  9. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  10. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...