Xbox controller input is not detected in games, console streaming, and cloud gaming on...

Discus and support Xbox controller input is not detected in games, console streaming, and cloud gaming on... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, I've been having an issue getting Xbox controller(s) to work in games on Windows 11. I have tried many combinations of the following... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BFTMExRam, Jun 19, 2023.

1. BFTMExRam
    BFTMExRam Guest

Xbox controller input is not detected in games, console streaming, and cloud gaming on...

Hey all,

I've been having an issue getting Xbox controller(s) to work in games on Windows 11. I have tried many combinations of the following

Controller:
    Elite

Elite Series 2

Elite Core 2

Regular

Connection:

Bluetooth

Wired

Wireless Adapter

The controllers connect to the PC fine, the xbox button opens the game bar, and I am able to navigate through the xbox app using the controller.

If I start cloud gaming with a game like Tunic or Halo infinite, no input is detected from either the controller or mouse and keyboard.

If I start streaming from my console, no input is detected from my controller or keyboard.

If I start a game that is installed on my PC through the xbox app like FFXV, no input is detected from the controller, but I can use mouse/keyboard.

I have also tried non xbox app games, like Star wars jedi survivor. The left thumbstick works but none of the other buttons do.

I've spent hours troubleshooting and debugging with no luck. Has anyone had this issue before?

:)

BFTMExRam, Jun 19, 2023
  2. Mohammed_Sami Win User

My Turtle Beach Recon Controller (Designed For Xbox) isnt working on Xbox cloud gaming!

Its not the 'Recon Hybrid Game Controller' , My controller is the Turtle Beach Recon Controller and whenever I plug it in it doesnt detect it on XBOX cloud gaming. My controller works on normal games but it doesnt detect on Xbox cloud gaming .
  3. Hoskayra Win User

How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

Hello, Jerry34434 my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

The issue you're experiencing with mobile touch buttons appearing instead of controller buttons in Fortnite while playing on Xbox Cloud Gaming could be due to a temporary glitch or a misconfiguration. Here are some troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:

Restart Your Device: A simple restart can often clear temporary glitches that might be affecting the input settings. Close any unnecessary apps and restart your device.

Check Input Settings in Fortnite: Once you've restarted your device, open Fortnite and check the input settings. Ensure that the controller input is selected as the preferred input method.

Reset Controller Configuration: If the input settings appear correct, try resetting the controller configuration in Fortnite. This can sometimes resolve input conflicts or misidentified input devices.

Update Fortnite and Xbox Cloud Gaming App: Ensure you have the latest versions of both Fortnite and the Xbox Cloud Gaming app installed on your device. Outdated versions can sometimes cause compatibility issues.

Clear Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, cached data or cookies can interfere with input detection. Try clearing the cache and cookies for the Xbox Cloud Gaming app or your web browser if you're using the cloud gaming service through a browser.

Try a Different Browser: If you're using the cloud gaming service through a browser, try using a different browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. Sometimes, browser-specific issues can affect input recognition.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  4. Farscape247 Win User

xbox 360 guitar not working on my windows 10

xbox peripherals other than the controller will not work over streaming full stop. the files you were trying to use are to set them up for other games, only the xbox controller or a controller with x-input can be used for streaming.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One S don't connect with windows 10 xbox app with ethernet connection

Hi magino85,

You may need to manually input the IP address of the console into the Xbox app on the PC if the console is not being detected.

On the app, you can go to the Connect panel and if it doesn't connect you can manually put in the console's IP address into the following text box. This guide should help you troubleshoot game streaming issues:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming

Try a different or new ethernet cable or try to only have the Xbox connected via Ethernet but leave the PC connected wireless.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox game disc copies on game streaming app

Do you mean the "in house" streaming via the Xbox App, or do you mean the Project xCloud streaming to your mobile phone?

Since the Xbox App simply acts as an "extension cord" for your console display, disc games should work the same as on the actual console, which means, your disc has to be detected by the console in order for the game to work.

If it doesn't check that the game works locally on the console. If it doesn't work there as well, make sure the disc isn't dirty or damaged.

For xCloud game streaming to your smartphone, only digital games work, as the cloud service can't know that you have the disc somewhere.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller input is not detected in games, console streaming, and cloud gaming on... - Similar Threads - controller input detected

2. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  3. Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time.: TLDR; new Xbox Series X recently started having a delay between controller input and console output, only EVERY OTHER DAY. I bought a new Series X from GameStop 2 months ago. Worked great for the...
  4. Xbox controller connected and recognized but certain inputs are not accepted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected and recognized but certain inputs are not accepted: This problem developed recently, during play, my games work perfectly fine. However, when I leave the game either to switch games, watch a TV show or to turn off my console, I suddenly cannot...
  5. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  6. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  7. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...
  8. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  9. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...
  10. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X and Y inputs on back) are detecting false stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X and Y inputs on back) are detecting false stick...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...