XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

Discus and support XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi, i'm having issues, with my headset and its microphone when paired to PC. first i noticed when i try to plug my headset directly into the PC, i can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beefystudcakes, Jul 23, 2022.

1. XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

hi, i'm having issues, with my headset and its microphone when paired to PC. first i noticed when i try to plug my headset directly into the PC, i can only hear sound in my left ear, so i have paired my xbox controller to my PC, the controls work fine but my headset for the xbox controller its and microphone, aren't making or receiving any noise when paired with my PC. it does work when its paired with xbox but not with my pc. the xbox controller appears on the bluetooth devices list, but its not showing up in the audio output or input devices, so neither the headset or its microphone show up in a list of audio inputs or outputs, headphones or microphones. i have 3 of them, they all work fine with xbox, just not on pc. so i'm pretty sure its not a hardware issue. the drivers are all updated. i think the issue stems from the xbox controllers headset and microphone is not registering as an audio device. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time, sidenote, should this be under windows or xbox and gaming? because its kind of both. the issue is when i try xbox games on PC. but, again i think the issue stems from audio devices not registering on windows.

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Devices and drivers ***

:)

beefystudcakes, Jul 23, 2022
  2. Hordie Win User

Microphone Not Working When Streaming

Hi Benneh360,

To use a headset while streaming. Plug your USB headset (or microphone) into your Windows 10 PC or your chat headset into your controller before beginning Game Streaming. Your headset must be selected as the default playback and recording device on
    your PC. To access this setting, open Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select Manage Audio Devices.

How to Stream Games to Windows 10
  3. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Update: Regarding issue #2 (Headaet adapter issues while connecting Xbox One controller to Windows 10 PC for streaming)

I discovered that:

1) The headset adapter is just treated like an additional headphone and microphone under the Windows audio settings.

2) To select which microphone to use (e.g. PC mic or microphone attached to Headset Adapter), set the desired microphone as your default device by right clicking volume/speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar and click "Recording devices."

3) Odd behavior or malfunctions (e.g. headet microphone not working when streaming to Wkndows 10) may occur when there are too many USB plugged into the computer, causing insufficient USB controller resources.

When I plugged the Xbox One controller directly into my Surface Pro 2, the microphone automatically worked fine. When I docked my Surface Pro 2 into its docking station and plugged the Xbox One controller into the docking station's USB port, my headset adapter/Stereo
    Headset's microphone was recognized, but the decibel meter would not detect any sound when spoken into. Occasionally, I would receive a "insufficient USB controller resources" error. This could also be an issue related to connecting the Xbox One controller
    to a USB hub.

Regarding issue #1 (headset adapter/stereo headset's microphone not working on Xbox One after disconnecting from streaming), I will see if I experience it again to isolate the issue.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issue with your connecting your XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC. As per your subscription you have tried a lot of troubleshooting already and we appreciate you to that.

For this case we would like to suggest to check if yo have done on the steps provided on this articles:

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support

Fixed: Xbox One Controller Not Recognizing Headset (minitool.com)

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let me know.

I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi beefystudcakes,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

for a headset to work through the xbox controller on pc it (the controller) has to be wired or using the xbox wireless adapter, audio passthrough is not supported via bluetooth.
Thema:

1. XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - controller headset microphone

2. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  3. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  5. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  6. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  7. Controllers and headset disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers and headset disconnecting: Since I bought my new TV (LG C3 77") I have big problems with my two controllers and Xbox wireless headset on my Xbox Series X. The Xbox button begins to flash on the controllers and it...
  8. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...
  9. Controller and headset disconnecting from series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and headset disconnecting from series x: Happens a few times a week where it will just keep happening every few minutes or so. Reset the console, tried different controllers etc but still does it. 8f724b47-cc25-4703-883f-a3a9ff301ceb
  10. Headset controller sound Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset controller sound Xbox series S: Hello, I am at wits end on this now. For some reason, when I plug our headset into my second controller, I get no sound, this is a Xbox original wireless controller that I bought last week, and...