Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue.

Discus and support Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am using a xbox series controller and connect to pc via xbox receiver. Now I plug a headset on my controller headphone jack, but the option only 1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by owenyeoh, Nov 15, 2022.

1. owenyeoh
    owenyeoh Guest

I am using a xbox series controller and connect to pc via xbox receiver. Now I plug a headset on my controller headphone jack, but the option only 1 channel, doesn't it support stereo sound?

:)

owenyeoh, Nov 15, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, I don't know what kind of headphone jack it has, but in the process of working on the Xbox controller it has to be of the CTIA standard, I leave below a link with more information of the patterns that work on the Xbox controls.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. owenyeoh Win User

Hi, I've just updated today. As I also not sure this is limited features of the controller or software issue. My pc sound option for the controller only has 16 bit 1 channel 24000Khz.
  4. Georges C. Win User

5. SoullessCodith Win User

Headphones stuttering/popping/crackling noise.

That really sounds like an issue with the wiring. If you can, try using the headphones on a different device (phone, different controller, tablet or computer). If you have the same issue on all of the devices you have a bad wire in the headphone. If
    there is no issue with any of the devices then you have a problem with your headphone jack on your controller.
  6. TheRevenite Win User

Xbox One S Audio Stuck on Headset Profile

For anyone still plagued with this issue, with wireless headphones, you'll need a controller with an audio jack or the adapter.

My Xbox One S, with the September 2018 patch, simply disconnect the wireless headphones and plug standard headphones or cell phone earbuds into the controller. Give it a minute or two, then unplug them. enter the sound settings ams change the headphone
    audio "uncompressed stereo". Exit the sound settings and re-enter the sound setting and your HDMI setting will be available. You can then re-setup your wireless headphones with any of the options needed.

I hope this helps others with this issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue. - Similar Threads - controller headphone jack

2. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  3. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  4. Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only: Windows 11 Xbox Controller connected via the xbox wireless adapter Headset connected via the controller's 3.5mm jack Dolby Atmos enabled for headphones There is audio stuttering in visually...
  5. Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller???: Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller??? fd461cf0-13b3-4de4-9c40-15543c82b254
  6. If I use wireless headphones and connect them to my Xbox controller, can other people hear...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I use wireless headphones and connect them to my Xbox controller, can other people hear...: If I use wireless headphones and connect them to my Xbox controller, can other people hear me talk? 4e3af475-71a7-4545-adef-9210e1c7b669
  7. Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?: Hello. I recently acquired a Xbox Series S/X controller to use on Android for mobile games and GamePass. I know for a fact that the 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack doesn't work via bluetooth, as...
  8. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in: When I plug in my Razor headset (wired) into my wireless X|S Controller it grays out the Headset Chat Mixer. I'm in the Alpha Ring of the Insider Updates, so I'm unsure if it's the Insider or...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...