Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue.

Discus and support Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am using a xbox series controller and connect to pc via xbox receiver. Now I plug a headset on my controller headphone jack, but the option only 1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by owenyeoh, Nov 15, 2022.

1. owenyeoh
    owenyeoh Guest

I am using a xbox series controller and connect to pc via xbox receiver. Now I plug a headset on my controller headphone jack, but the option only 1 channel, doesn't it support stereo sound?

:)

owenyeoh, Nov 15, 2022
  2. owenyeoh Win User

Hi, I've just updated today. As I also not sure this is limited features of the controller or software issue. My pc sound option for the controller only has 16 bit 1 channel 24000Khz.
  3. Georges C. Win User

4. SoullessCodith Win User

Headphones stuttering/popping/crackling noise.

That really sounds like an issue with the wiring. If you can, try using the headphones on a different device (phone, different controller, tablet or computer). If you have the same issue on all of the devices you have a bad wire in the headphone. If
    there is no issue with any of the devices then you have a problem with your headphone jack on your controller.
  5. TheRevenite Win User

Xbox One S Audio Stuck on Headset Profile

For anyone still plagued with this issue, with wireless headphones, you'll need a controller with an audio jack or the adapter.

My Xbox One S, with the September 2018 patch, simply disconnect the wireless headphones and plug standard headphones or cell phone earbuds into the controller. Give it a minute or two, then unplug them. enter the sound settings ams change the headphone
    audio "uncompressed stereo". Exit the sound settings and re-enter the sound setting and your HDMI setting will be available. You can then re-setup your wireless headphones with any of the options needed.

I hope this helps others with this issue.
  6. mntdew7726 Win User

New 3.5mm Xbox One controllers don't seem to output sound unless a mic is detected?

I am having a similar issue with the new Master Chief controller for Xbox One. When I use my ear buds (without mic) I get sound through the controller and everything works fine. When I use my new headphones (over ear Bluetooth/aux capable) with the 3.5mm
    cable it detects the headphones but does not play sound. The headphones work on all of my other devices with 3.5mm jack.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller headphone jack sound channel issue. - Similar Threads - controller headphone jack

2. How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?: My headphones jack cable fits into other non microsoft controllers but my new xbox series x controller is showing low quality audio when I plug my jack cable in, and when I shine a flashlight onto...
  3. Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC: Connected my Elite Series 2 controller - Have updated it through the accessories app, fiddled with the settings - works with games for input and sound with USB connected. However cannot get sound...
  4. PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.: Hi, I tried to connect my PS4 controller via Bluetooth and connect my headphones to the built in jack in the controller, but no sound is coming out of the headphones. I already had DS4Windows...
  5. New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working: I got the new xbox series x and the controller it came with works perfectly fine except when I plug headphones into the headphone jack the right side of the headset works great, but the left is...
  6. Xbox Series X controller broken headphone jack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller broken headphone jack: The headphone jack on my controller is broke. I have already tested the headset in a different device. It is not letting me create a support ticket to exchange my controller (with warranty) and...
  7. My Xbox power a controller headphone Jack stoped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox power a controller headphone Jack stoped working: So i was doing online school and after i was done i went to go on my xbox and i plugged in my headset and at the top right it would normaly show a headset simble but now it shows that mic with the...
  8. Headphone Jack Xbox Elite 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone Jack Xbox Elite 2 Controller: My headphone jack is not working properly in my Elite Series 2 controller. I plug in my headset and I can hear the audio from the game but cannot talk to my friends in game. I see them talking but...
  9. Xcloud gaming controller usb c type connection + headphones jack for Android phones

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xcloud gaming controller usb c type connection + headphones jack for Android phones: Hi everyone. I’m completly new to both the android and xbox scenes. I’ve been looking for a good controller that is compatible with my One plus 8 pro so I can stream and play xcloud games on my...
  10. My Xbox Controller’s headphone jack seems to have something wrong.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller’s headphone jack seems to have something wrong.: I was using my headphones when suddenly they didn’t allow me to hear all of the sounds, (peoples voices, etc.) so i got new headphones and they also didn’t allow me to hear all of the sounds. I...