Xbox controller "double" jumping and drift after 2 months

Discus and support Xbox controller "double" jumping and drift after 2 months in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an Xbox controller on 08-31-21 and started using it after Halo Infinite came out which would be after 12-08-21. This controller has only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xT Px, Mar 29, 2022.

1. xT Px
    xT Px Guest

I purchased an Xbox controller on 08-31-21 and started using it after Halo Infinite came out which would be after 12-08-21. This controller has only been used a few months and there are issues with the thumb sticks and D-pad. The left thumb stick and D-pad "double" jump around the Xbox dashboard and the right thumb stick drifts upwards. I'm a casual older gamer who plays the Xbox a few hours on the weekends and the only person who uses the controller. With only a few months of light use there is no way this controller should be failing already. The Microsoft website says it is out if warranty(which I don't understand) but I just can't believe the longest you are going to get out of a modern Xbox controller before it breaks is less than 2 months. Is there anything that can be done in this situation?

:)

xT Px, Mar 29, 2022
  2. xT Px Win User

I was finally able to talk with an Xbox rep through chat and I was told, as I suspected, that because the controller is out of warranty it cannot be replaced at no cost. The rep also said there is no option to have standard controllers repaired only elite.

I was told that these controllers should last a long time and that my case is just "bad luck". So for anyone else in the same boat as me if your standard controller is out of warranty don't expect a replacement or repair.

The rep was quite helpful actually and I completely understand the spot he is in. The controller is out of warranty. My problem is I bought the controller 08/31/21 and didn't start using until December when Halo Infinite came out. I play a few hours on the weekends and I am the only one that uses the controller so I take care of it. Xbox controllers should not be failing after this short amount of time, it's unacceptable.
  3. xT Px Win User

If you have the proof of purchase you will be required to provide it to update the warranty, only trough support can be updated the warranty
    I appreciate your response Ricardo but I have no way of contacting support. There is no option to chat or call someone through "contact us" on the xbox help page. How do I contact support? Also if any Xbox or Microsoft employees read this I would appreciate a response as to the longevity of your controllers. Why has mine failed after a few months of very light use?
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

As you mentioned that you registered i believed it was an elite controller, but standar controllers have a different warranty period and all warranty periods start from the purchase date

As the rep mentioned, yes, they should last longer, fortunately you was able to get clarification on the situation
  5. xT Px Win User

Hi xT! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If the controller purchase date it's from August 2021 and was purchased trough an official store the controller still have warranty, you must contact Xbox support on their site to ask for a warranty update, just be sure to have your proof of purchase available
    I registered the controller but it says that the warranty expired on 01-16-22. I tried going through the "contact us" icon but it says phone calls and chats aren't available for this issue. I'm not sure what to do next. If I do get a number to call are they just going to say that it's out of warranty and there is nothing that can be done?
  6. (johndoe) Win User

xT Px,

If I were more tech, savvy I would take these controllers apart and find out what is wearing away and make it better, Most likely, the contacts are too thin and wearing away. I have a friend that is on his third controller in the five or six years that I have known him. I am new to the x box games and if this is what l am going to go through, I will just quit with it all together and never promote these machines ever. If they are selling lemons, they're selling lemons. Quality is what sells and makes a name for a company.

By the way, does anyone else get sick to their stomach while playing the x box games for a couple hours? I have to have air being drawn away in order to play on the x box for more than two hours and sometimes less. I don't know if it is coming from the x box itself or the controller. I don't sit close to the x box, maybe six feet.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller "double" jumping and drift after 2 months - Similar Threads - controller double jumping

2. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  3. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  4. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...
  5. Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.: I can play my Xbox just fine with my wireless elite controller, and I can play numerous games. I recently purchased a streaming PC that has windows 11. Ive set up remote play, and tried trouble...
  6. So when i ɓoot up my xbox and controller and d pad is broken when i tap it it double taps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when i ɓoot up my xbox and controller and d pad is broken when i tap it it double taps...: My controller d pad is souble clicking and its glitching out and yesterday it was forking fine e47317ab-deea-476e-9cec-e88c509aa93c
  7. Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?: I just started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago while using my xbox controllers on my pc, and it's been absolutely pissing me off. I've been troubleshooting for days on end and even got a...
  8. Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug: Some background: So the past 2 years I've been through 3 xbox controllers (2 xbox series x brand controllers, and a Razer Wolverine v2 wired controller). I'm not rough with them AT ALL. I don't...
  9. How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?: I recently purchased an Xbox Series Controller for my PC. When I'm playing games downloaded on the Xbox App or using the Controller on the app itself my inputs will be doubled or just wrong. On...
  10. My Controller double clicks

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Controller double clicks: My controller double clicks from time to time but when I play games it happens most of the time what should I do ??? a200057a-2066-4c6c-94e3-766f4926cce0