Xbox controller disconnects every couple minutes.

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnects every couple minutes. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. So I have a Xbox one controller with a wireless adapter that I use on my PC to play games on steam. I just started having this problem recently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Magic CRFN, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Magic CRFN
    Magic CRFN Guest

Hello. So I have a Xbox one controller with a wireless adapter that I use on my PC to play games on steam. I just started having this problem recently but, every couple minutes of gameplay my controller just disconnects randomly out of nowhere. It is very infuriating. My controller has the latest firmware and everything. I'm thinking the adapter might be the problem because it wasn't exclusively by Microsoft. (A knock off adapter). Any suggestions?

:)

Magic CRFN, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Magic, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this, try to verify that your USB and Bluetooth drivers are up to date correctly.

Also try to perform this reversal on the control firmware.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Magic CRFN Win User

Another thing I forgot to add is that I am on windows 11.
  5. AnomalousBoot69 Win User

Will not join matches in Black Ops 2.. keeps searching

I am having the same problems!! Also I keep getting disconnected every couple of minutes!
  6. stevegamble-1F199C9A Win User

Controller disconnecting

Both of my controllers keep disconnecting. Each day it gets worse. It started when the controller update happened. Now the Xbox isn't even playable as it disconnects about every minute. What a waste of money.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller disconnects every couple minutes. - Similar Threads - controller disconnects every

2. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  3. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  4. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  5. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting every time another controller is paired to the Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting every time another controller is paired to the Xbox: My controller works fine when it’s the only one connected to the Xbox. But the moment I turn on the other controller to play with multiple people, the controller starts disconnecting every few...
  6. Controller flickers between connected and disconnected every second on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller flickers between connected and disconnected every second on PC.: As the title says, I'm having issues with my controller, as it switches between connected and disconnected every second. (I'm using Bluetooth for this). However, this only happens on my PC...
  7. My Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes can anyone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes can anyone help?: This started 3-4 days ago I guess after the most recent update but this has never happened to me before and I’ve had this Xbox for 5 years. I’ve tried a bunch of things but nothing is really...
  8. My Xbox controllers will disconnect every few minutes randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controllers will disconnect every few minutes randomly: my Xbox controller keeps disconnecting randomly and then reconnect 5 to 10 seconds later I tried restarting and factory resetting nothing works it will do this for 3 to 4 days and then stop for a...
  9. Why does my xbox series s controller disconnect every 5 seconds (not even kidding) and why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series s controller disconnect every 5 seconds (not even kidding) and why...: i tried the whole "turn off console, unplug console, plus back in then test" thing "several times and it did absolutely nothing, it is so annoying and its making me think of switching back to...
  10. My controller keeps disconnecting from xbox every 2 mins help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller keeps disconnecting from xbox every 2 mins help?: So my xbox keeps disconnecting from my controller, I know it’s not the controller I even went and bought a new one and I’ve updated it and everything. I have tried restarting the xbox and even...