Xbox controller disconnecting multiple times through 1? 10 minute game??

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnecting multiple times through 1? 10 minute game?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I first bought an Xbox one a about 3 years ago, about 8 months ago, the controllers would start disconnecting multiple times during one game, we have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gage Wright1, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Gage Wright1
    Gage Wright1 Guest

I first bought an Xbox one a about 3 years ago, about 8 months ago, the controllers would start disconnecting multiple times during one game, we have since bought first new controllers with new battery’s, that didn’t work, re-synced them to the Xbox then Updated them, then tried new batteries and taping them tight, didn’t work, then went one step further bought a new Xbox 2 months ago with a new cord, hooked it up and a month and a half later, about 2 weeks ago now this issue started again, even took out of tv stand in to make sure it was not overheating, same issue occurred with no obstruction, please advis as this is 2 back to back console I have bought with the same issue, I have tried every link I could find spent countless hours, please help me as it really disrupts our gaming, also cannot be over used maybe 1 hour a day we use it max

:)

Gage Wright1, Dec 3, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having issues with your Xbox Controllers. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

It seems that you already gone through methods in trying to fix the controller's issue.

If you had performed the steps provided on the link below,

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

I recommend for you to perform a soft reset with the console (while keeping games and apps and hardwire the controller) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS ARE REACHED:

• A reliable network connection is present.
    • Every profile's details are known (email and passwords)
    Warning Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with the Xbox network will be lost. Your console syncs with the Xbox network automatically when it’s connected with the service, so if you've been offline for a while, connect to the Xbox service before taking these steps.

How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

How to reset your console

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps.
      • After you select one of the options, your Xbox console begins the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
    If you will still be having issues after performing the reset or if you don't want to proceed in performing the reset you may request for a controller replacement instead.

Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. jeffbeausoleil Win User

keep getting disconnected from xbox live?

me too. on multiple games i'll get disconnected from live. I have to reconnect from the dashboard. The test says everything is fine once i do it, but then disconnects again 10 minutes to an hour later.
  5. Cheez-21BAE529-F0FC- Win User

Xbox one controller disconnected during update now wont turn on

Try these two things.

1. Remove batteries and disconnect headset

2. Insert batteries

3. Press Xbox button

4. Hold View and Menu buttons together for 10 seconds

5. Controller should power back on

If that does not work...

1. Remove batteries and disconnect headset

2. Connect controller to console with USB cable with no batteries inserted

3. Leave console at home screen and controller plugged into console, let sit for 5 minutes

4. Controller should power back on
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Disconnected 6 times in 10 minutes

Hello Ultor masako,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with being disconnected from Xbox Live. To troubleshoot this, please follow the following steps:

Troubleshoot Xbox One Network Connection

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller disconnecting multiple times through 1? 10 minute game?? - Similar Threads - controller disconnecting multiple

2. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  5. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  6. Constant controller disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant controller disconnect: Hi there, For the past few months, I've been experiencing the following symptoms with all of my controllers with my Xbox Series X: Intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting a few moments...
  7. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  8. xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller cant disconnect from my PC: My Xbox controller recently stopped connecting to my pc, and only works wirelessly. I have tried to unpair in Bluetooth, and get "failed to remove device". When I try to remove the device in...
  9. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  10. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...