Xbox controller controlling mouse and keyboard as well

Discus and support Xbox controller controlling mouse and keyboard as well in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my xbox controller is controlling my mouse and keyboard as well I've restarted my games controller and system and none of that worked, I went to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LunaticBurnout, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Xbox controller controlling mouse and keyboard as well

So my xbox controller is controlling my mouse and keyboard as well I've restarted my games controller and system and none of that worked, I went to the settings and then to mouse and then to advanced options and to hardware to see if there were a second device listed I could disable but no just my laptops touchpad. I even checked out steams settings, PLEASE HELP, this makes games unplayable with my xbox controller.

:)

LunaticBurnout, Sep 11, 2022
  2. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

How could or would a game like Age of Empires work on console?

the original Xbox only came with a controller. the Xbox 360 only came with a controller. the Xbox One comes with a controller. you can't buy an Xbox One with a Keyboard and Mouse.
    in my opinion if they don't sell them with a Keyboard and Mouse they shouldn't have support for Keyboard and Mouse. if you want to use
    Keyboard and Mouse you should play on a PC and not on a console.
  3. Arminator Win User

Keyboard/Mouse?

In order to keep an equal and fair multiplayer experience, you can only play with controllers on the Xbox One.

Games that work on the PC as well (like for example Gears of War 4) can be played with keyboard and mouse, but you can only play cooperative multiplayer with console owners that have to use controllers, so mouse and keyboard users don't have an advantage.

These XIM4 or Mayflash devices aren't real mouse and keyboard devices. These devices show themselves as a standard controller to the console, and when you move the mouse, the adaptor "guesses" from the speed you move the mouse, how hard it should push a
    simulated controller stick in a certain direction.

These adaptors won't give you the same control as the mouse on a real PC.

When you stream the Xbox game screen to your PC, you can also only use a Xbox controller. Mouse and Keyboard won't work as a game input (you can only use the keyboard to enter text when the virtual keyboard is shown).

There are plans to get Keyboard and mouse working, if there ever is a way to stream the PC screen to the Xbox console.

But currently, if you're playing on the Xbox console, it's controller only (even if the controller is "guesstimated" with mouse and keyboard inputs).
  4. Arminator Win User

DOUBT!

The Xbox can't be controlled by keyboard and mouse through the Stream mode at all. While it's possible in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition to use Keyboard and mouse, all other games don't accept keyboard and mouse input at all.

You might have to try Minecraft, if you can control it via Keyboard and mouse while streaming to your PC.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this LUNATICBURNOUT

In case you didn't try it please reinstall the Xbox controller driver:

Reinstall your controller driver:
    Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

If the issue persists, reinstall Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again
  6. LunaticBurnout Win User

Someone sent me a message and solved my problem, for anyone else having the same problem its caused by the steam app, uncheck the configure for xbox controller option in steam and it fixes it right away. Steam sucks and always has too bad they basically have a monopoly on digital gaming. There are technically competitors but they have no content to draw users which means they have no users to create content.

Here's the link to the fix description I was given.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/xbox-controller-detected-as-mouse-and-keyboard
Thema:

1. Xbox controller controlling mouse and keyboard as well - Similar Threads - controller controlling mouse

2. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  3. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  4. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  5. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  6. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?: This question was asked back in 2019 - it referred to windows 10- this issue is still an issue "I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts...
  7. Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.: As soon as I switch on xbox my controller does not work. Try syncing xbox and controller. Controller will turn on xbox and let me enter my pin then I get notice to switch to keyboard and mouse....
  8. My Xbox controller is getting the same input as my mouse.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller is getting the same input as my mouse.: Basically, my controller sensitivity is nowhere near as high as my mouse sensitivity, yet when I play videogames it acts like my controller is my mouse. 4c1031f3-bdd8-485c-8c10-14f64cb26f74
  9. Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching: I just got a controller to use on my PC and when I opened a game when I walked forward or backward it would also move up and down on the command menu (the game was kingdom hearts) I thought it was...
  10. My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.: My controller controls my mouse and keyboard and every time I play games this bothers me a lot. I downloaded Xbox accessories and updated the controller but I don't know if that has to do...