Xbox controller connected via USB vibrates but doesn't light up.

Discus and support Xbox controller connected via USB vibrates but doesn't light up. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought an Xbox controller. When plugging it into any of my PC's usb ports, the controller vibrates, but doesn't light up. It also doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by issavgg, Mar 20, 2023.

1. issavgg
    issavgg Guest

I recently bought an Xbox controller. When plugging it into any of my PC's usb ports, the controller vibrates, but doesn't light up. It also doesn't show up in Xbox Accessories, and doesn't work in games. I'm on windows 10.

:)

issavgg, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Nicola Baldasso Win User

Controle

Yes, the controller was connected to the console via USB, but now when I try to connect the controller via USB, it doesn't turn on, it doesn't even light up
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Have you tried the controller on another device? If it's not lighting up then the controller is likely defective, or your port is not supplying enough power. Have you tried it with batteries?
  4. vending2147 Win User

So this happened to me and i did this and it still wont work, maybe i didnt understand what you meant by ''Then go to anywhere the controller installed and uninstall it like, Mice and other pointing devices, Universal Serial Bus controllers (uninstall any hidden devices anyway, it wont hurt anything)'' im just hoping my controller isnt defective as ive used bluetooth with my ipad and it worked
  5. issavgg Win User

I tried both to no avail, Still having the same issues.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Go to the Device Manger. With the controller disconnected, enable View Hidden Devices. Then go to anywhere the controller installed and uninstall it like, Mice and other pointing devices, Universal Serial Bus controllers (uninstall any hidden devices anyway, it wont hurt anything). Then reboot the PC and connect the controller again. You can also try a different USB cable.

Kindly refer to this link for more steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox controller connected via USB vibrates but doesn't light up. - Similar Threads - controller connected via

2. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  3. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  4. How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?: I have 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers connected to a Windows 10 PC, via an Xbox Wireless Receiver. All 4 controllers are identified identically in the system. Trying to distinguish one from another...
  5. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc: My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories. 2ff883ec-43ee-448b-8940-a55bf704f971
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  7. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  8. Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Hello! Since this morning my Xbox Series X|S controller is not working properly. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it was working perfectly, but today suddenly stopped being recognized by my PC...
  9. Xbox Controller Won't Connect To My PC Via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Won't Connect To My PC Via Bluetooth: My Xbox Controller will not connect to my PC via bluetooth, When I try to connect it, it says ''Try to connect the device again". It was working perfectly fine last weekend, so if anyone can help...
  10. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...