xbox controller clicking random buttons

Discus and support xbox controller clicking random buttons in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know why but when I turn my xbox on it spams random buttons I restarted my xbox unplugged turn the controller off and on but nothing works it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by unsoundcurve848, Jun 12, 2021.

1. xbox controller clicking random buttons

I don't know why but when I turn my xbox on it spams random buttons I restarted my xbox unplugged turn the controller off and on but nothing works it goes normal somtimes then clicks random stuff and I can't play or watch anything on it I'm too scared to take it apart myself and I don't think the shop near me do cleaning things so please help

:)

unsoundcurve848, Jun 12, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

3. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

Xbox Controller A button double clicking

4. JakeAllen3 Win User

Xbox Controller A button double clicking

Looked through it and didn't really seem to help my best guess now is its probably a loose button as I was testing out the inputs and it seems it let's go sooner than others
  5. xI Xbox One Ix Win User

Xbox controller bumper buttons click different?

Hey Cdawg,

Well they should click exactly the same. But I know exactly what you mean, I had the same on my Xbox 360 controller (one button whas very loose and it didn't work sometimes) but that happend after years of use and there is nothing you can do about it.

As long as the button still works everything is fine.

But if it does break in the future you might consider getting it fixed (as that button can be important in some games). For now, you should be good to go!
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Button not clicking

I have had the same issue with several controllers. In my case, it was always caused by the plastic bumper piece cracking/snapping and then getting slightly misaligned on one side.

Both bumpers are part of the same piece of plastic, which bends slightly each time a bumper is pressed, which can cause it to crack/snap over time. That can lead to it not being properly aligned with the micro-switch, so when you press it down, it's not pressing the switch, so you get no click and nothing happens.

It's also possible that the underlying micro-switch is faulty, but that seems to be a far less common cause.

As for getting it repaired, you'd have to check the terms of your warranty in the country you're in. Here in the UK, for example, Xbox All Access covers both the console and the controller for 12 months, but it varies from country to country. Have a look here in the "Repairs and warranty" section: -

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-all-access-faq

If it's out of warranty, obviously you have a few options. You can fix it yourself, get a third party repair place to fix it for you, or just buy a new controller.
Thema:

1. xbox controller clicking random buttons - Similar Threads - controller clicking random

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it?: Sometimes it works if I press it down hard. dd5fc550-569c-4032-b4fc-9dc690114f1a
  6. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...
  8. My Controller double clicks

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Controller double clicks: My controller double clicks from time to time but when I play games it happens most of the time what should I do ??? a200057a-2066-4c6c-94e3-766f4926cce0
  9. Analog sticks make clicking sound on new controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog sticks make clicking sound on new controller.: Hello! I bought a new Xbox Series X controller 6 days ago and it's analog sticks started making some clicking sounds when I moved them around, which seemed very strange to me because I barely got...
  10. Unable to click Next to complete Device Control TV Setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to click Next to complete Device Control TV Setup: Hello, I purchased a new TV today and am not able to set it up in the Device Control for Xbox One. I search for the TV model number and get a list of models to choose from. My model is in the...