Xbox controller bottom expansion port specs?

Discus and support Xbox controller bottom expansion port specs? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am working on a hobby project, wanted to know what is the max current that can be drawn from the xbox controller's bottom expansion port and what is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by puneet7, May 21, 2023.

1. puneet7
    puneet7 Guest

I am working on a hobby project, wanted to know what is the max current that can be drawn from the xbox controller's bottom expansion port and what is the voltage of that port? I only want to draw power from that port.

:)

puneet7, May 21, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good morning

The Xbox controller's bottom expansion port, not provide a dedicated power output. It is primarily designed for communication purposes and does not supply power to external devices.

If you are looking to draw power from an Xbox controller, your best option would be to utilize the micro-USB port located on the top of the controller. The micro-USB port can provide power when the controller is connected to a compatible power source such as a computer or a USB wall adapter.

Please note that the power output of the micro-USB port may vary depending on the specific Xbox controller model. However, it is generally safe to assume a maximum current of 500 mA (milliamperes) at 5 volts, which is the standard USB 2.0 specification.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

I don't know what was the question that still remained, but the port you want to use is not for power supply.
  4. El Mago tv Win User

controller audio problem

• Disconnect the headset or unplug the headset cable from the bottom of the controller, and then reconnect it firmly to the controller (in the expansion port for a headset or the 3.5-mm port for a 3.5-mm chat headset).
    • Make sure the headset is not muted. To do this, check the mute button on the headset controls. (For a headset, the mute button is on the left side of the connector that is plugged into the expansion port of the controller. For a 3.5-mm chat headset, the
      mute button is a slider button on the front of the audio controls that are in the middle of the headset cable.)
  5. Panno92 Win User

Stereo Adapter

Yes, the headset adapter is compatible with all xbox one controller including your elite controller series one

"No matter what kind of Xbox controller you have, you can connect the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to your controller by plugging it into the rectangular expansion port on the bottom of
    your controller"
  6. XBLCSP Win User

Headset

For the Xbox 360 the port on the bottom of the controller for the headsets is a 2.5MM female.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller bottom expansion port specs? - Similar Threads - controller bottom expansion

2. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  3. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  4. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  5. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  6. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  7. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  8. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  9. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  10. Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share: I seriously wish I googled this b4 I bought the thing today 46165765-6bec-4e5d-b69d-955b8179e8da