XBOX Controller Batteries

Discus and support XBOX Controller Batteries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am constantly having to re-seat the batteries in my controller, they seem very loose is this a common problem is there a solution ?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DerekLynch, Jan 5, 2014.

1. DerekLynch
    DerekLynch Guest

I am constantly having to re-seat the batteries in my controller, they seem very loose is this a common problem is there a solution ?

:)

DerekLynch, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Checking battery

Step One - Get Xbox one controller.

Step Two - Remove batteries.

Step Three - Put batteries into Xbox 360 Controller.

Step Four - Check batteries on Xbox 360.

Step Five - ???

Step Six - Profit.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Xbox one controller won't work at all

Hi there Thomasarus21,

I want to first verify the batteries you are using, brand, power, etc.

-I start here because this controller does not function off the same power as the xbox 360 controller. Also all batteries are not created to fully function on the xbox one controller. I assume you are using the batteries that come with the controller...but
    just in case....

Here is something you've probably read but I thought to post it just in case :

AA Batteries -
    support.xbox.com/.../using-aa-batteries

Rechargeable batteries -
    support.xbox.com/.../wireless-controller-rechargeable-batteries

In short the resolution is to first buy two batteries per the support link (based on your preferences) but I'm not trying to discount that you may have, in some way purchased a bad controller two times.

NewBlacksmurf, Jan 5, 2014
  4. DaQuickster
    DaQuickster Guest

Same issue here.....ridiculous.

DaQuickster, Jan 6, 2014
  5. What i did in one of my controllers that's using regular rechargeable batteries is I found some foam, and taped it to the back of the battery cover. it holds it all in place...i imagine many things could be substituted for the foam, but this makes it all
    nice and snug. is this ridiculous, you BETCHA that we even have to do this. Now the optional "battery packs" fit snug and don't do this. Why would that be?, sure MS would love for us to all buy a rechargeable battery. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but
    I digress as that's for another place and time.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 6, 2014
  6. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    I bent the metal contacts out a little bit more and so far so good - no disconnects since doing that.

pd730, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Foam, bending clips... wow, complete head shaker isn't it.

PrimitiveMeat, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Mistress Sara Win User

Design lab controllers

Hi there,

The controllers come with a standard controller battery cover (same as the other Xbox controllers). You can use either a rechargeable battery pack, or regular AA batteries. No different from other Xbox One controllers.
  9. DangerousBard Win User

the charging station is strange

Hello gamer,

This behavior can occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  10. DangerousBard Win User

2 problems i been having lately. please help

Regarding your first question you should check your NAT settings and make sure they are open

Regarding the controller problem this occurs when:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  11. teno1878 Win User

Design lab controllers

Hi there,

The controllers come with a standard controller battery cover (same as the other Xbox controllers). You can use either a rechargeable battery pack, or regular AA batteries. No different from other Xbox One controllers.
    Thanks its just i use a rechargable and designed mine with a coloured battery cover
  12. Deemushunter Win User

Xbox one controller says it's connected but isn't working

To resolve this issue, determine the faulty component and then replace that component:

The Xbox One Wireless Controller

To troubleshoot the wireless controller, try using AA batteries, or try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack to verify that nothing is wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, it isn't causing the issue.

The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

To check whether the cable is the problem, try a different Play & Charge cable (or any standard USB to micro-USB cable) to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different cable, your charge cable is faulty.

The rechargeable battery

To troubleshoot the rechargeable battery, try the following:

Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.

Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
Thema:

1. XBOX Controller Batteries - Similar Threads - Controller Batteries

2. Controller won’t turn on after changing batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t turn on after changing batteries: My controller (series x style) started getting flat batteries last night and I didn’t have any new ones on me, so I borrowed some out of another device. Little did I know they were actually...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller Battery Icon on Gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite Series 2 Controller Battery Icon on Gamebar: I connected a new Elite series 2 controller via bluetooth to my PC and it displays critical battery on the gamebar while it is in fact fully charged through settings. It has the latest firmware...
  4. Does the xbox chargeable battery With usb-c cable work with xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the xbox chargeable battery With usb-c cable work with xbox one controller: Hi there I have a question, I’m interested in a xbox chargeable battery for my xbox one controller but it only comes with a usb-c cable, so does it also work with the xbox one controller or do I...
  5. what is the xbox controller battery pack warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the xbox controller battery pack warranty?: i purchased a battery pack for my xbox controller and after 6 weeks it stopped charging. when i called they said there is nothing they can do coz it only has 30 days warranty. but on the website,...
  6. Why is my Xbox controller not turning on I put In 8 different sets of fresh batteries used...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox controller not turning on I put In 8 different sets of fresh batteries used...: I’ve basically summed it up and I don’t have the money to buy a new controller and I really need help 11c25ac0-f774-40a9-bc2b-20b62fad1283
  7. Xbox one controller draining batteries in minutes just all of a sudden started was fine...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller draining batteries in minutes just all of a sudden started was fine...: How do I fix my controller from draining my batteries in minutes it's been working fine and it just all of a sudden started to drain new batteries in minutes I did the firmware update on the...
  8. Can I return an Xbox controller without the back panel to the batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I return an Xbox controller without the back panel to the batteries?: I want to repair a controller I have, but I used rechargeable batteries now the original back piece is missing 20988260-e972-4d13-aab9-9f9dc27bfa17
  9. Battery support for Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battery support for Xbox One controller: Hello, Is it safe to use 2 × 3.7V Li-ion 1200mAh batteries on Xbox One controller? Thanks! efb136e7-5a88-4b55-b12f-025139ed85bd
  10. Why does my controller suddenly only work if it has batteries and plugged in and it’s...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my controller suddenly only work if it has batteries and plugged in and it’s...: It only works if I have it plugged in and with batteries and I don’t know what to do plz help ed42250c-a92a-4149-b24a-8a59de1b529e