XBOX Controller Batteries

Discus and support XBOX Controller Batteries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am constantly having to re-seat the batteries in my controller, they seem very loose is this a common problem is there a solution ?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DerekLynch, Jan 5, 2014.

1. DerekLynch
    DerekLynch Guest

I am constantly having to re-seat the batteries in my controller, they seem very loose is this a common problem is there a solution ?

:)

DerekLynch, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Checking battery

Step One - Get Xbox one controller.

Step Two - Remove batteries.

Step Three - Put batteries into Xbox 360 Controller.

Step Four - Check batteries on Xbox 360.

Step Five - ???

Step Six - Profit.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Xbox one controller won't work at all

Hi there Thomasarus21,

I want to first verify the batteries you are using, brand, power, etc.

-I start here because this controller does not function off the same power as the xbox 360 controller. Also all batteries are not created to fully function on the xbox one controller. I assume you are using the batteries that come with the controller...but
    just in case....

Here is something you've probably read but I thought to post it just in case :

AA Batteries -
    support.xbox.com/.../using-aa-batteries

Rechargeable batteries -
    support.xbox.com/.../wireless-controller-rechargeable-batteries

In short the resolution is to first buy two batteries per the support link (based on your preferences) but I'm not trying to discount that you may have, in some way purchased a bad controller two times.

NewBlacksmurf, Jan 5, 2014
  4. DaQuickster
    DaQuickster Guest

Same issue here.....ridiculous.

DaQuickster, Jan 6, 2014
  5. What i did in one of my controllers that's using regular rechargeable batteries is I found some foam, and taped it to the back of the battery cover. it holds it all in place...i imagine many things could be substituted for the foam, but this makes it all
    nice and snug. is this ridiculous, you BETCHA that we even have to do this. Now the optional "battery packs" fit snug and don't do this. Why would that be?, sure MS would love for us to all buy a rechargeable battery. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but
    I digress as that's for another place and time.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 6, 2014
  6. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    I bent the metal contacts out a little bit more and so far so good - no disconnects since doing that.

pd730, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Foam, bending clips... wow, complete head shaker isn't it.

PrimitiveMeat, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Mistress Sara Win User

Design lab controllers

Hi there,

The controllers come with a standard controller battery cover (same as the other Xbox controllers). You can use either a rechargeable battery pack, or regular AA batteries. No different from other Xbox One controllers.
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

what cable do I need to recharge my Xbox X batteries

That would depend on the batteries. If they are standard AA batteries, recharagable or not, then they cannot be charged in the controller. Rechargable AA batteries need to be charged with an AA battery charger. The only battery that can be charged in the controller is the Xbox play and charge battery.
  10. DangerousBard Win User

the charging station is strange

Hello gamer,

This behavior can occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  11. DangerousBard Win User

2 problems i been having lately. please help

Regarding your first question you should check your NAT settings and make sure they are open

Regarding the controller problem this occurs when:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  12. teno1878 Win User

Design lab controllers

Hi there,

The controllers come with a standard controller battery cover (same as the other Xbox controllers). You can use either a rechargeable battery pack, or regular AA batteries. No different from other Xbox One controllers.
    Thanks its just i use a rechargable and designed mine with a coloured battery cover
Thema:

1. XBOX Controller Batteries - Similar Threads - Controller Batteries

2. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  3. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  4. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  5. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  6. Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?: Microsoft says it's compatible to the controllers with usb-c port. And yet gen 8 controllers have micro usb. But as I see, the batteries are exactly identical to each other....
  7. My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...: A while ago the controller had had connection problems, but these were solvable and in the end I could still play, but now it is no longer possible, if I only use batteries (checked that they are...
  8. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  9. Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...: Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a consumer, do not buy this product. 1e603ce1-b179-4a1c-9f34-b61ec3cc3b12
  10. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...