Xbox Controller adapter for pc not connecting on startup

Discus and support Xbox Controller adapter for pc not connecting on startup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time i shut my pc off and turn it back on, and try to turn on my xbox controller, it blinks indefinitely as if not connected. but then when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CamBaMs MonkeY, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Xbox Controller adapter for pc not connecting on startup

Every time i shut my pc off and turn it back on, and try to turn on my xbox controller, it blinks indefinitely as if not connected. but then when i unplug the adapter and plug it back in the computer recognizes it and the controller connects fine. i dont want to have to put that much stress on my usb port removing the adapter so much. any ideas? i feel like its an issue of the pc not recognizing the adapter is plugged in on startup. any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

CamBaMs MonkeY, Aug 4, 2022
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller

3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, CamBaMs. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

I would suggest you to try to reinstall the adapter driver. Please go to Start > Search and click on Device manager. Search for the adapter driver, right click on it and select Uninstall. Restart your computer with the adapter unplugged. After the restart, plug the adapter and the computer will install the driver again.

See if the issue persists and please let me know.
  4. xI Josiah Ix Win User

Xbox One S controller for Windows 10

To connect the controller to the PC are you using a bluetooth connection or the xbox wireless adapter?
  5. )(())( Win User

What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?

i know this is his question but he said elite controller to a adapter not a regular xbox one controller on the link it says how to connect adapter from pc to xbox one controller he needs a elite controller adapter because all he is finding is regular xbox
    one adapters to pc which he stated do not work for his elite controller
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC

Hey there Roy,

Yes the Xbox Adaptive Controller is compatible with Windows 10 computers and also with Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 Pc's but will have limited functionality. Click on the following link for different ways to

Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC

Once you have connected the controller then you can go ahead and
    Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller
    in the Xbox Accessories app and remap the buttons on the controller. The two circular pads on the controller are simply buttons, they do not have any tech that will allow you to use swiping features to type or to be
    used as the cursor for the PC.

When Gaming on a PC using the Adaptive controller you should still see the on-screen keyboard to type messages, You would then use the d-pad or joysticks to type just as you would with a standard Xbox One Controller.

The adaptive controller should respond to a toe's touch as the buttons on it are pretty sensitive. In order to get more functionality you can attach different devices using the 3.5mm ports on the back of the controller so that you can then Map these to specific
    functions. You can take a look at the following support article for more information on

Connecting external devices to the Xbox Adaptive Controller

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller adapter for pc not connecting on startup - Similar Threads - Controller adapter connecting

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers: So I’m having a tough time on the travel time of the right joystick I have for the adaptive controller. It’s like using it in the game like golf. When I go to swinging it keeps telling me too slow...
  4. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  5. wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    wireless xbox controller not connecting to wireless adapter: (win 10) xbox controller series x|s (or xbox one? it's the one with the round clicky d-pad and the grippy rough texture. it says this (with line breaks instead of semicolons) on the box: xbox...
  6. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  7. Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...: I need a wireless adapter for my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller, which I will connect to my Windows 11 laptop. Can you suggest which one to buy? Will the normal XBOX Wireless Adapter work with the...
  8. How do you connect a 3rd party Xbox controller to PC using a Wireless adapter without sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect a 3rd party Xbox controller to PC using a Wireless adapter without sync...: Hello, I am experiencing difficulty connecting my Xbox controller to my PC through the wireless adapter. The user manual instructs me to press the sync button on both devices to pair them, but the...
  9. Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.: I've been using a Xbox controller with a wireless adapter on my PC for about two years with no problems. Yesterday while playing a game my batteries ran out like they have many times before, Since...
  10. Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC: The last couple days I've been mauled by one of the most common issues discussed here. I did my daily routine, start my PC, got my Stream running, the game Loaded, and I turned my Controller on...