Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update

Discus and support Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't have an Xbox but I use a Series X controller on Windows, and ever since I updated it the L2 and R2 triggers haven't been working right in games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CalebCountryman, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update

I don't have an Xbox but I use a Series X controller on Windows, and ever since I updated it the L2 and R2 triggers haven't been working right in games but when I test them out in Xbox Accessories there's no issue at all. The issue seems to be that the controller thinks I'm pressing the buttons constantly for some reason? I don't really know how to explain it, but like in Dark Souls trying to use the trigger only works maybe 1/5 times and when I go into the menu I have to fight for my life to move up or down in the menus because the menu select keeps bouncing up and down like crazy. I've had this problem for a few days now and even after noticing a new update and applying it today it still isn't working properly. I haven't been able to find anyone else with this specific problem online either, only stuff about the triggers sticking and they feel perfectly fine. There's been no water or fall damage and I take pretty good care of my electronics so I don't know what else this could be other than a software issue? If anyone could help that would be awesome, thank you in advance for reading this.

:)

CalebCountryman, Jan 13, 2022
  2. CalebCountryman Win User

Well I don't have access to an Xbox console so that's not an option for me, is there anything else I can do?
  3. Jesse E' Win User

First I'll suggest you submit a bug report so the insiders can investigate this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There is a way to rollback the update of the controller to remove the firmware that might be causing the issue. But you'll need to get your hands on a console in order to do it.

Connect your controller to my console via USB and follow the steps outlined below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox one update has caused headset transmitter not to work!!!!!!

after the latest updates my turtles beaches are acting weird also, but mine are the xo 7's and plug into the controller, no audio unless i keep pressing the audio effect button multiple times then the audio comes on, if the controllers go off then the same
    thing happens. seems these updates are not nice to turtle beach.
  6. DarkInceptions Win User

Can't Download Update for MW3

That fixed it!! The weird thing is, ever since the latest update my wireless (on xbox) has been acting up... I wonder if it is just my adapter :\
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update - Similar Threads - Controller Acting Weird

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  4. Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...: Ive tryed to change things in steam and in control panel please help me cebf506c-990f-499d-9132-9c0eac4fd456
  5. My controller and xbox are acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller and xbox are acting weird: 2 days ago my xbox controller stopped working despite having new batteries. It would blink, and when i turned off the xbox the xbox would turn back on automatically. I unplugged the xboc and that...
  6. Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?: My xbox one controller keeps disconnecting then randomly reconnecting, however after it reconnects it either doesnt work and I have to take the batteries out and restart it, or a random button...
  7. Xbox Controls are acting strangely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controls are acting strangely: I have tried searching for an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find someone having the same problem as me; My Xbox...
  8. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?: This question was asked back in 2019 - it referred to windows 10- this issue is still an issue "I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts...
  9. Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11: I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons, left bumper is both scanner and crouch, the...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....