xbox console for repair

Discus and support xbox console for repair in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am returning my console for repair, Microsoft recommend that I back-up data using USB stick, but I have no display on my monitor, so I cannot see any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Harry_555, Nov 22, 2021.

  1. Harry_555
    Harry_555 Guest

    xbox console for repair


    I am returning my console for repair, Microsoft recommend that I back-up data using USB stick, but I have no display on my monitor, so I cannot see any instructions? Any Ideas as I cannot contact Microsoft by Phone.

    :)
     
    Harry_555, Nov 22, 2021
    #1
  2. Harry_555 Win User

    xbox console for repair

    Hi WPAK,

    Thanks for your reply. The information about backing-up was on an email from Microsoft with instructions regarding packaging for returning my Xbox Series S Console.
  3. WPAK Win User

    xbox console for repair

    Hi there,

    Just to be sure, what type of console are you going to send in for repair?
    Since as far as I know there isn't really an option to backup data on USB, for the Xbox One or Xbox Series consoles.
    Other then having the option to copy/transfer games to a USB device but any owned games can also be redownloaded from the store.

    It also doesn't mention any back up steps here: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

    When the Xbox One or Xbox Series consoles are connected to Xbox Live (Internet) then any save game progress is synchronized with the Xbox Live, which would mean that when you start playing a game on a console that it will check for any available progress (save games) and synchronize if needed. All you need to know is your account credentials (same for redownloading owned games)
  4. Harry_555 Win User

    xbox console for repair

    Thank you very much for your help, I didn't want my grandson to lose any games on his console.
  5. WPAK Win User

    xbox console for repair

    Ok, in that case, I'm assuming they are referring to installed games and apps, but that is an assumption.

    Since as far as I am aware those are the only things that can be copied.

    Things like a profile can be redownloaded via Xbox Live (and the account credentials). And as mentioned owned Games can be redownloaded too, but that can take some time depending on the game size and internet connection.

    The profile and save games are automatically synchronized with Xbox Live, when the console is connected, so you shouldn't loose anything.

    Since you can't really see what you are doing due to the issue you have with the console it will be very difficult to do. So if your console usually is connected to Xbox Live (Internet) I myself would assume that nothing (save progress, profile and owned games) will be lost.
  6. carlossv1 Win User

    Console repair

    Hi Ezra,

    Thanks a lot for your help, I have tried those options but apparently the service is not longer available for my console. Its a shame that I cant find support to my issue and have to look for a new device.

    Have a nice day!

    Regards,

    Carlos
Thema:

xbox console for repair

Loading...
  1. xbox console for repair - Similar Threads - console repair

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. Why the hell would repairing your own console considered violating sub rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why the hell would repairing your own console considered violating sub rules?: There has been a post about disc drive not working after warranty expired and my comment was to repair it by yourself, and it got removed. In what universe is a repair that restores proper...
  9. Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?: Flashing red lights error around power button. 610d5d08-7e34-4364-8526-77fb634bb072
  10. Does my console need to be repaired?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Does my console need to be repaired?: So I’ve been getting a system error on my Xbox for a couple months now. I’ve tried every method to try and fix it. I tried the offline system update with a usb, restarting the Xbox, resetting it,...