XBox console does not find any network signal (neither wifi nor cabled) in the initial setup

Discus and support XBox console does not find any network signal (neither wifi nor cabled) in the initial setup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned on the console for first time, but it didn't recognize any network. The console says "hardware problem; must repair." How could I manage it?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BossyDaisy197, Dec 26, 2015.

1. XBox console does not find any network signal (neither wifi nor cabled) in the initial setup

I turned on the console for first time, but it didn't recognize any network. The console says "hardware problem; must repair." How could I manage it?

:)

BossyDaisy197, Dec 26, 2015
  2. tymex98
    tymex98 Guest
    Deleting a user and reloging the one

I deleted the user and tried to log it back after some time. I keep on getting the error 0x80a40019. Neither restarting the console nor disconecting from power for some time does not help. I cannot add user. I'm on wifi and network settings show that network
    is working very good.

tymex98, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Kanzeweak
    Kanzeweak Guest
    Can't connect to WIFI after reboot / power off

Hi !

First of all, I may not be in the correct category. I simply couldn't find the right one... So sorry for that, simply guide me to the correct one.

I just bought an Xbox One S and I can't connect to xbox live using wifi. Everything is working fine with an ethernet cable, only wifi doesn't work.

I know there's a lot of posts with issues that sound similar but I couldn't find any solution nor someone with exactly the same problem.

I could connect to my local network going through the initial setup the first time I powered on the console, and I still can connect after reseting the console (keeping or removing apps and games didn't change anything), but everytime I turn it off, I can't
    connect to it anymore. I can see my network SSID but I can't connect to it.

Besides the default ones, no apps nor games are installed. The console is new and fresh out of the box.

I already tried many things from the power cycle, power saving, instant on, to all the steps following this link Can't see wireless network solution,
    and also tried to connect to other networks with no avail.

I updated the console so I think the last firmware was installed (no update is found when checking). The current version of my console is 10.0.17134.4056 (rs4_release_xbox_dev_1806.180626-1359).

I can't come to another conclusion that my Xbox is faulty...

Does someone have any brilliant idea that could save my ass?

And... Using an ethernet cable is not an option for me, neither reseting it every time...

Thanks for reading!

Kanzeweak, Dec 26, 2015
  4. XBox console does not find any network signal (neither wifi nor cabled) in the initial setup

If you have it hard wired and it cant see it , I would return it ...as long as you know the cable your using is good and the port its coming from is good ( you would have to plug something else up and see if it connects to be sure) but that plus it cant
    see any wi fi signal , assuming there is one ( use your phone to check) then it sounds like the network card is bad , I would exchange it...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 26, 2015
  5. And if you get a new one , when you set it up , I would use the cable over wi fi to get it up and running at least ...(hard wired is always better )

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  6. RobertBuckalew Win User

XBox console does not find any network signal (neither wifi nor cabled) in the initial setup

If you have it hard wired and it cant see it , I would return it ...as long as you know the cable your using is good and the port its coming from is good ( you would have to plug something else up and see if it connects to be sure) but that plus it cant
    see any wi fi signal , assuming there is one ( use your phone to check) then it sounds like the network card is bad , I would exchange it...
  7. RobertBuckalew Win User

And if you get a new one , when you set it up , I would use the cable over wi fi to get it up and running at least ...(hard wired is always better )
  8. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Problem with staying signed in and WiFi disconnection

Set up your console with a wired ethernet cable to your network hardware for the best connection while you do the initial setup of the console.

If you want to use WiFi after setup you can, but be aware that WiFi is subject to signal interference and may be detrimental to your overall enjoyment if you lose connectivity to the network.
  9. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

New Xbox One X will not connect to network after first setup -

If you can, connect console to network hardware with wired ethernet and factory reset the console again as suggested above. You may have corruption of the OS update that is initially on first setup due to WiFi signal interference.

Wired ethernet is the recommended setup from network hardware to console.
  10. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Brand New Xbox One S won't let me add my first account

Check your network hardware, it may need a restart to acquire network connection.

Use ethernet cable to do initial setup instead of WiFi.
Thema:

1. XBox console does not find any network signal (neither wifi nor cabled) in the initial setup - Similar Threads - console does find

2. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  3. My Xbox console does not have a Romanian language.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox console does not have a Romanian language.: I have a Xbox One S series console, it has a English language and I was scrolling into the language section, just to find Romanian language, but it does not have Romanian language. Does the next...
  4. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  5. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console: I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire, the console says that it is an unauthorized...
  6. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  9. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  10. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...