Xbox console companion: Wrong output

Discus and support Xbox console companion: Wrong output in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My audio is outputting through my speakers, but for everything else (spotify, discord) the audio is outputting through my headset. For whatever reason... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TyeEvans, Nov 5, 2021.

1. TyeEvans
    TyeEvans Guest

My audio is outputting through my speakers, but for everything else (spotify, discord) the audio is outputting through my headset.
    For whatever reason my xbox console companions audio is coming out from my speakers. I have no control over the audio (Can't even change the volume) and I can't seem to fix it. All I need is to be able to stream skyrim so I can use my computer for audio but cannot.

:)

TyeEvans, Nov 5, 2021
  2. TyeEvans Win User

My windows default output is set to
    "Headphones (Realtek(R) audio)"

Also I tried streaming again and now there is no audio at all, However, everything else still works
  3. TyeEvans Win User

My headset has been plugged and unplugged several times and I have reinstalled and reset the app, I also fiddled with the gamebar settings to see if I could find a solution there to no avail.
  4. TyeEvans Win User

I went through the settings to try and fix it and it didn't help
  5. Nursemorph Win User

My windows default output is set to
    "Headphones (Realtek(R) audio)"

Also I tried streaming again and now there is no audio at all, However, everything else still works
    Strange...it should be outputting audio to your headset if it is displaying the Windows global setting

Not sure what else to suggest really as streaming from the console is not something I know much about. It's could be the console companion not working properly (wouldn't be surprising given it's no longer supported)

Having just had a quick look around the 'net for possible solutions, have you tried changing the audio output in the Xbox settings? I have seen reports where people with no audio changed the audio output from Stereo to Bistream solved it.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

It's only with the game audio? Have you check on the settings of the app or even the audio settings of your windows PC, try to change your output device, put your headset on it.
Thema:

1. Xbox console companion: Wrong output - Similar Threads - console companion Wrong

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(: why was Xbox console companion taken away it was far more useful than the now useless Xbox app it did all the same things plus so much more so please bring back the console companion or at least...
  4. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  5. Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?: It says that console companion was delated in august 2023, i just bought a xbox one but i only have my laptop. i looked it up on google before i bought the xbox and it said i could 100% use my...
  6. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  7. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070
  8. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  9. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  10. How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...: How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app is no longer working. 33144d7e-870e-4f1a-bb2d-0f6ae3cc9d5c