Xbox Console Companion: Party and Game Notifications Not Being Received

Discus and support Xbox Console Companion: Party and Game Notifications Not Being Received in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Pretty much title, I'm no longer receiving notifications about party and game invites from the console companion app on Windows 10. I've already tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SirTobiGoodboy, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Xbox Console Companion: Party and Game Notifications Not Being Received

Pretty much title, I'm no longer receiving notifications about party and game invites from the console companion app on Windows 10. I've already tried the wsrestart.exe method in cmd prompt, the Windows troubleshooter, uninstalling the app with powershell
    then re-downloading it with the store, relogging my Microsoft account, retoggling notifications in Windows settings, and changing the notification settings in the app. One thing to note is that previous posts have mentioned a setting, "Party and Game Notifications,"
    in the notifications list but this seems to be missing from my app. My NAT is open, running Windows 18362.295.

:)

SirTobiGoodboy, Aug 27, 2019
  2. SirTobiGoodboy Win User

Is there anyway to use LFG in the game bar? I mostly used the companion app for the LFG function for Forza Horizon 4.
  3. SirTobiGoodboy Win User

I uninstalled and reinstalled the most current version as of today, still no luck.
  4. Fos Win User

They removed the option to receive party and game invites in one of the recent updates. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not. But I use Game Bar for invites now; it works the same.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Make sure you are running the most current version of the app.
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

I was banned from voice chat?

It's not just the mobile app, it also applies to the one on Windows 10 PC. Game Bar keeps closing and this could be a virus. As for the main Xbox Console Companion, there is no way to join invites only parties due to the notifications for that being removed
    permanently.
Thema:

1. Xbox Console Companion: Party and Game Notifications Not Being Received - Similar Threads - Console Companion Party

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(: why was Xbox console companion taken away it was far more useful than the now useless Xbox app it did all the same things plus so much more so please bring back the console companion or at least...
  4. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  5. Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?: It says that console companion was delated in august 2023, i just bought a xbox one but i only have my laptop. i looked it up on google before i bought the xbox and it said i could 100% use my...
  6. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  7. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070
  8. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  9. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  10. How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...: How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app is no longer working. 33144d7e-870e-4f1a-bb2d-0f6ae3cc9d5c